Coronavirus Resources for You and Your Church
LifeWay’s Church Assistance Package
While many church leaders are eager to resume in-person ministry as safer-at-home guidelines are eased, they are also continuing to feel the effects of the disruption caused by the coronavirus crisis. Churches are trying to make sure they’re able to keep going, even as they begin to imagine what ministry will look like in the months ahead.
LifeWay wants to help your church sustain ministry and support discipleship during this time. That's why we've created the Church Assistance Package, a collection of offers, promotions, and resources designed to help your church:
- Sustain financial stewardship
- Deepen discipleship
- Grow as worshipers
- Develop leaders effectively
Get the details and sign up today for LifeWay's Church Assistance Package.
Tools for Reopening Your Church
Lead Your Church Toward the New Normal
The reality of COVID-19 may not seem beautiful at the moment, but we have a unique opportunity to see our churches thrive today and in the days to come. This training includes 9 videos and 15 downloadable documents to help you create a contextualized response and reopening plan for your church. Access this course now for free with Ministry Grid.
6 Considerations for Reopening Your Kids Ministry (free eBook)
Sign up to receive a free eBook and poster set on things to consider when reopening your church's kids ministry, including ministry strategy, learning environments, teaching resources, policies and procedures, volunteers and leaders, and effective communication.
4 Ways To Do VBS This Year
VBS is the single largest evangelistic outreach of the year for most churches. So we've got to get creative in how we effectively—and safely—utilize this important strategy to reach our communities this year.
- Study: Churches Gathering Again But with Precautions [download]
- What Should Churches Do Now That COVID-19 is Spiking Again?
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Relaunching Groups
- 3 Principles for Guiding a Divided Church through Re-Entry
- Questions You Should Ask Before Reopening Your Church
- Key Takeaways from the CDC Guidelines for Church Reopenings
- What To Consider Before Resuming Church Services and Activities
- Is Your Church Prepared for Future Pandemics? 6 Things to Do Now
- 4 Surprising Things I Learned About My Church's Views on Re-Entry
- 6 Needs To Anticipate When Your Church Begins to Gather Again
- 4 Phases for an Orderly Return to Church
- 6 Considerations for Reopening Your Kids Ministry
- LifeWay Research COVID-19 Congregational Survey [download]
7-Day Coronavirus Prayer Guide
God works through prayer, but with so many different needs right now, it is easy to feel overwhelmed by the need that we’re unsure of how best to pray.
This prayer guide includes seven basic ways to pray amidst the coronavirus pandemic. You could pray a different prayer each day of the week, or pray them all together everyday — whatever works best for you. Let’s speak up for those who are most vulnerable and affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
Download, print, and/or share with anyone who is looking for some guidance on how to pray.
Free Bible Study Resources
Digital Curriculum from LifeWay
As part of LifeWay's Church Assistance Package, we are providing free digital access to Summer 2020 Bible study curriculum (The Gospel Project, Bible Studies for Life, Explore the Bible, and YOU) to churches purchasing print or digital curriculum. For more details and to register, visit LifeWay's Church Assistance Package.
LifeWay Kids at Home
LifeWay Kids at Home is a free resource that allows kids and families to watch Bible story videos at home. Content will be updated weekly as needed. Free to all churches and the families they minister to. To access, have each family:
- Go to LifeWay Digital Pass.
- Login or create an account (free).
- Click the LifeWay Kids (or Preschool) at Home icon on the main page of Digital Pass.
The Gospel Project for Kids: Home Edition Free Sample
Download your free sample of The Gospel Project: Home Edition, a five-day per week curriculum designed for homeschool families or families who want to lead their kids through discipleship in the home setting. You’ll find teaching and student resources in the format of your choice—digital or print. Weekly Bible story and discussion starter videos supplement teaching time as well as Friday Fun Day activities.
Gospel Project for Kids Users
The Gospel Project for Kids has updated its temporary permissions allowing churches to post non-music videos and activity pages for their church's use on a secure and/or closed site, and posted new guidelines for using music and videos in streaming services. Read the full permissions.
Church and Ministry Training Tools
Free Church Training and Checklists
This training to help churches covers pandemic response planning, digital pastoral care, digital groups, livestreaming tips, and how to work remotely. Ministry-specific checklists, ready-to-use documents, and a sample pandemic policy to contextualize for your church are included via Ministry Grid.
Online Giving from Generosity by LifeWay
During this unique and challenging season, Generosity by LifeWay will set up a custom giving page for your church and post it live online at no cost. For more information, visit lifewaygenerosity.com/coronavirus.
Kids Ministry 101
KidsMinistry101.com is the home of the LifeWay Kids blog and podcast, featuring current tips, ideas, strategies and conversations about leading kids ministry during the COVID-19 crisis. You'll also find free training resources for church leaders to share with their teams, including free gospel presentation videos and downloadable talk sheets.
LifeWay Students HUB
We’re on your team. We’re in this with you. We know you’re working hard to pivot everything and prepare for what’s next as you minister to teenagers. Our team is ready to help:
- Schedule a phone call with our team to get tech help.
- Join Ben Trueblood LIVE on Student Ministry That Matters.
- Schedule a soul care phone call.
- Download free Bible studies.
LifeWay Worship Offers
Gratis Permission for Audio Tracks
As you webcast/stream worship services online (website, app, or social media channels), utilize audio tracks from LifeWay Worship as your ministry plans and needs arise. Receive gratis permission through Aug. 15 for our audio track use by following these steps.
Free Online Marriage Coaching for Your Church
Don’t let social distancing disrupt your marriage ministry or premarital counseling. Provide online marriage coaching to every couple in your church with video courses they can watch from the comfort of their homes. Sign up and get 2 months for free with promo code WOOFORTWO (a $200 value).
- 5 Principles for Church Service Decision-Making in a COVID-19 World by Scott Patty
- Responding to a Pandemic at Your Church by LifeWay Leadership
- 9 Steps to Prepare Your Benevolence Ministry for the Coronavirus Aftermath by Todd McMichen
- 10 Ways to Pray for Your Pastor During Your COVID-19 Outbreak by Dr. Mark A. Croston
- 6 Questions to Ask When Reading the News by Dan Darling
- 25 People to Pray for During the Coronavirus Pandemic by Aaron Wilson
Talking to Children
- 4 Tips for Talking to Your Kids About the Coronavirus by Josh Straub
- How Do We Talk About Tragedy With Our Kids? by Jamie Ivey
- 2 Ways to Calm Your Anxious Child by Josh Straub
Church and Technology
- 13 Creative Church Ideas for Coronavirus Quarantines
- 3 Ways Facebook Groups Can Bridge the 'Social Distancing' Gap in Churches by Chris Martin
- 6 Needs to Anticipate When Your Church Begins to Gather Again by Kevin Freeman
- 4 Critical Pointers for Preaching to a Camera In an Empty Room by Jesse Campbell
- 9 Ways Your Church Can Use Facebook Live by Aaron Earls
- 6 Things Your Church May be Doing Illegally by Aaron Wilson
(focus on streaming services, music, posting images or video clips online)
- 8 Tips for Leading a Ministry Team Remotely by Chandler Vannoy
Ministry and Work
- How To Create Engaging Online Small Groups by Laura Chapman
- 4 Ways to Transition Online Visitors to Future Attendees by Jesse Campbell
- 4 Ways Churches Can Help Those Who Battle Depression During a Pandemic by Joshua Straub, Ph.D.
- 6 Tips for Overcoming Virtual Meeting Fatigue By Chris Surratt and Brian Daniel
- 4 Steps to Include In Your Quarantine Routine By Mark Dance
- Serving Those Who Mourn by Trillia Newbell
- 7 Ways Generosity Can Thrive in Your Church Even if You’re Not Gathering by Todd McMichen
- 7 Keys to a Strong Offering Time During an Online Service by Todd McMichen
- 5 Ways to Go When We Have to Stay by Yana Conner
Fear and Anxiety
- We Must Walk Faithfully in Our Fear by Scarlet Hiltibidal
- Finding Faith in the Midst of Fear by Scarlet Hiltibidal
- 3 Truths to Find Comfort in the Midst of Anxiety by Lilly Park
- Fear Not: The Light of the World Has Come for You by Ruth Chou Simons
- Trusting God to Be In Control by Lysa TerKeurst
- What to Do When You Are Afraid by Jackie Green and Lauren Green McAfee
- Biblical Truth for Every Season: Uncertainty by Brandon Taylor
- Dealing with Loss, Grief, and Grace in a Pandemic by Marty Duren
Coronavirus Recursos para tu vida y la Iglesia
Explora algunos recursos gratuitos de uso personal o de comunidad los cuales estaremos actualizando de manera semanal.
Offering By Mail from LifeWay Envelope Service
Make it easier for church members to contribute during these challenging times with LifeWay Envelope Service's Offering By Mail giving option. We will mail a packet of remittance envelopes, which are pre-addressed to your church and pre-printed with your members return address, directly to your member's homes.
Recommended Books and Bible Studies
Find select book titles for congregations and small groups to read together at a bulk price of $5 each. Discover selected Bible studies to bring comfort in trying times.
Magazines & Devotions
Don’t let social distancing stop you from reading your favorite devotional or magazine. Read these titles for free by clicking each link and downloading the digital version from the page.
- HomeLife: Faith, Family, Life
- Mature Living: Live a Christian Legacy
- Deacon: Servant Leaders in the Church
- Journey: A Woman’s Guide to Intimacy with God
- Open Windows: A Guide for Personal Devotions
- Parenting Teens
- Stand Firm: God’s Challenge for Today’s Man
Free Downloadable Special Occassion Bulletins and Postcards
Bring some familiarity to your services and stay connected to church families by emailing or posting your order of service or informational bulletins. Keep in touch with your congregation throughout the week with our free editable postcards. Let your members know that you are thinking and praying for them! Simply download and edit. The process is simple, start now!
Free Praying the Psalms in 30 Days Prayer Guide
Many Christians over the years have adopted the habit of reading through the Psalms every month. In this guide you will find all the psalms, as translated in the Christian Standard Bible, arranged in three-times-a-day readings for thirty days. Before and after the psalms, you will find additional Scriptures and prayers that follow the specific themes found in the calendar of the Christian year. Every week is a mini-journey through the story of the gospel. Download your prayer guide now!
LifeWay OneSource and Fishhook Offer $2,500 Websites for Small Churches
To help small churches during this unprecedented time, Fishhook has discounted their website service to $2,500 for churches with in-person worship attendance of less than 350 each week. This is a 50 percent discount for small churches. Offer valid through August 31.
Please see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) websites for all recent updates on the coronavirus.
Favor de visitar las páginas de Los Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades (CDC) y Organización Mundial de la Salud (WHO) para toda la información actualizada respecto al coronavirus.