Walk with God in Tough Places and Follow Jesus Joyfully
A 6-Session Bible Study by Nik Ripken.
How do we begin to walk and work with God, especially in dangerous places? Based on the documentary The Insanity of God, this 6-session Bible study presents missionary Nik Ripken sharing true stories of people who are suffering for the name of Jesus.
This study is an invitation to open your heart, your mind, and your eyes to the realities of walking with Jesus in difficult places. Engage with Scripture and see what it means to be a true follower of Jesus, not just someone who believes certain truths. Discover the answers to key missiological and theological questions about living sacrificially for the cause of Christ.
Believers play a significant role in God's divine purpose. Observe how Christians all over the world are not only surviving but also thriving in the midst of persecution.
- Confront the misconception that church membership is the same as following Jesus.
- See that the Bible's commands are nonnegotiable.
- Break the grip of the seduction of comfort and ask Christians to face the question, Who is Jesus, and is He worth my life?
- Put aside programs and practices to insert missional sacrifice and calling into the normal rhythms of church culture.
- Give group members examples of ways to identify and respond to God's call on their lives.
- Show believers how best to respond when persecution comes.
- Demonstrate to groups that the bar of Christianity has become low in Western culture.
- Reveal the Bible as nonnegotiable.
- Lead believers to the conclusion that telling people about Jesus is normal Christianity.
- Celebrate the miracle of victorious living.
- Explore faith in persecution and suffering.
- Provide a means to find courage from the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Explore the dynamics of the personal call to action for individuals, groups, and churches to join God's mission.
- Clips from the feature documentary The Insanity of God
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered
- Firsthand accounts in the author's voice
- Individual-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Six-week Bible Study Book with group and personal components
- Step-by-step plans for six group sessions
- Promotional content, including a promotional video for the Bible study
- Social-media assets for the group leader