Contending for the Faith in Today's Culture
– Audio Sessions
by Jackie Hill Perry are 7 individual, downloadable audio sessions. These audio sessions are available to purchase individually or as a bundle.
While often overlooked, the Book of Jude remains as relevant today as the time it was written. God has commanded His beloved church to do the necessary work of contending for the faith in a world of unbelief, and as we do, He will keep us from falling into the same deception. In this 7-session study from Jackie Hill Perry, dive into themes of being called, loved, and kept, and learn how to point others to Jesus in grace and truth. We serve others well when we share the whole gospel with them, not just the parts deemed attractive by our culture.
- Session 1: Jude 1-2 (15:22)—In this opening session, Jackie points out that the Christians to whom Jude writes his letter are much like us today. Like those early believers, we are in need of mercy, peace, and love in order to contend for the faith.
- Session 2: Jude 3-4 (15:31)—Jude writes out of love but confronts the problems among believers. He appeals to Christians to contend for the faith in love among false teachers, those who twist the Scriptures, and those who are ungodly.
- Session 3: Jude 5-11 (17:10)—We see examples from the Old Testament of false teachers and those who did not believe. There are certain character traits among those who rebel against God and suffer the resulting consequences.
- Session 4: Jude 14-15 (19:08)—This session reminds believers that God will judge all. God is aware of all that we are doing. The ungodly are no different from us except for God’s grace and kindness. We are to contend for the faith due to the urgency we sense for others to repent. People need the whole gospel.
- Session 5: Jude 20-23 (13:45)—Christians are always searching for advice on how to enter into difficult conversations. What we need first are instructions on how to live. Jude tells believers what they need to know to stay anchored in their faith and share biblical answers to life’s tough questions.
- Session 6: Jude 24-25 (20:21)—Jude ends his letter with praise and focus on God. God is going to be faithful to keep you, and to keep you standing because of Jesus. Jude reminds believers that God is the only God and our Savior. All glory, majesty, dominion, and authority are God’s alone for all time.
- Session 7: Wrap-up (8:06)—Jude is a small book but is full of information and power. God has a lot to say to His people through Jude as they contend for the faith. The way we contend for the faith matters.