We Over Me:
Letters of Hope from Revelation – Audio Sessions
by Whitney Capps are 9 individual, downloadable audio sessions. These audio sessions are available to purchase individually or as a bundle.
It’s easy to get frustrated with the local church—we see the people in the pews up close, both their beauty and blemishes. But God has a purpose and a plan that He uniquely accomplishes in and through the church, and He wants you to be part of it.
In the opening 3 chapters of Revelation, we find a wake-up call directed toward 7 churches and discover the truth of God’s desire for the church. Over 9 sessions, challenge your perspective and embrace your part in helping the church fulfill its calling.
- Session 1: The Church: What's Up? (24:57)—Whitney opens the study by reminding us that the church is the bride of Christ, and that it's not okay to bash the bride. She presents the challenge of this study— to choose we over me, setting aside our selfish agendas and understanding the true purpose of the church.
- Session 2: The Church: Setting the Stage (23:57)—Whitney briefly introduces the letters in Revelation, pointing out that they were written to individual local churches. There was something Jesus wanted to say to each church to bring about the sanctification of His people. He is still about that sanctifying work through the church today.
- Session 3: The Church: Origin and Purpose (19:03)—Whitney talks about the importance of community in the church. She looks at passages in both the Old and New Testaments to show the fallacy of building community around ourselves, and the essential need to built it around Jesus.
- Session 4: Revelation: Themes and Opening Lines (25:06)—Whitney details the structure of the first few chapters of the Book of Revelation. She points out that John's vision of Jesus in chapter one is purposefully located before the letters to the churches. The point: a clear vision of Jesus is essential to the health and effectiveness of our churches.
- Session 5: Ephesus and Smyrna (24:17)—Whitney digs into the letters to the churches in Ephesus and Smyrna. We'll see Jesus call the church at Ephesus to be judgmental, and the church at Smyrna to suffering.
- Session 6: Pergamum and Thyatira (20:51)—In this session we learn what Jesus says to the churches in Pergamum and Thyatira. Both of these churches were dealing with sin and compromise in the congregation. We'll hear Jesus call them out and then call them to repentance.
- Session 7: Sardis and Philadelphia (25:03)—The story of Mike the chicken highlights this video teaching as Whitney explains how the church at Sardis looked alive but was really dead. She'll also discuss the letter to the church at Philadelphia, a church that might have seemed insignificant to the world, but was highly significant to Christ and His purpose.
- Session 8: Laodicea and Last Thoughts (25:40)—Whitney deals with the last letter to the church at Laodicea. We'll see how Jesus confronted their lukewarm complacency, and called them to revival. In their disillusionment, He reminded them that He was all they needed if they would just welcome Him in.
- Session 9: Wrap-up (11:35)—Whitney wraps up the study with a final challenge to choose we over me so that the church will move forward in God's intended purpose for her.