The Church and the Racial Divide Bible Study
Study Current Issues of Race, Culture, and The Gospel
In light of racial tension in America, many Christian leaders are talking earnestly about racial reconciliation. The average Christian may not fully understand why racial reconciliation is a gospel imperative. And the average pastor may not know how to pursue it. This Bible study features a multi-voice video series from evangelical leaders that sheds light on issues of race, culture, and the gospel, and equips small groups to take action. (6 sessions)
- Imago Dei
- God’s Heart for All People
- Breaking Down the Walls
- Pursuing Gospel Relationships
- Race and Culture
- Where Do We Go from Here?
- Videos in the Leader Kit featuring various contributors, including: Dan Darling, Walter Strickland, Trillia Newbell, Juan Sanchez, Russell Moore, and Trevor Atwood
- Six small-group sessions
- Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Promotional video
- Social media assets for the group leader
- Digital options, such as eBooks or videos, that are available as a bundle or individually for rent or purchase
- Understand how the gospel of Jesus Christ applies to racial tension, differences, and reconciliation.
- Develop sensitivity for people of different backgrounds.
- Resist apathy and move past fearfulness on an important issue.
- Appreciate the culture and background of all brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Understand race as an important topic that should be explored as a normal part of a practicing disciple’s life.
- See God's vision of a people from every nation, tribe, and language.
- Learn to minister across ethnic and cultural lines.