Sunday School Essentials Events
Sunday School Essentials Conference
Sunday School Essentials Conferences are FREE* two-day events that equip participants to revitalize their Bible study ministries by learning:
- principles for growing a healthy Sunday School
- best practices for enlisting and training workers
- the eight signposts that indicate your group members are growing as disciples
- and more!
Plus, participants will develop a plan of action they can implement upon returning to their churches.
The sessions are led by Ken Braddy, Lifeway’s Director of Sunday School. Ken has 25+ years of experience leading education ministries in the local church and has led two churches to become the fastest-growing churches in two different states. He is an author, blogger, and conference leader.
Registration is limited to just 25 attendees per location, so sign up soon if you’re interested. Attendees receive a conference notebook, Bible, and three books related to Sunday School leadership – Breathing Life into Sunday School, Building a Disciple-making Ministry, and Breakthrough Creating a New Scorecard for Group Ministry Success. During the conference, attendees will be given access to 17 different digital books and the accompanying training plans for use in the church as training tools.
Who Should Attend
These conferences are ideal for Sunday School directors, pastors, ministers of education (and similar positions), especially those who have been serving in their role for three years or less.
January 23-24, 2023
First Baptist Church
January 26-27, 2023
Celebration Baptist Church
March 20-21, 2023
Philadelphia Baptist Church
March 23-24, 2023
First Baptist Church
Denham Springs, Louisiana
September 18-19, 2023
September 21-22, 2023
To register by phone, call 800.254.2022
The conference is free and will include dinner on the first night and lunch on the second day along with snacks. Lodging is not included. A list of local hotels will be provided upon registration.
- 12:30pm Registration opens
- 1:00pm Welcome / Introductions
- 1:45pm Session 1: Discovering a Biblical Basis for Groups
- 2:00pm Session 2: Defining the Purpose of Sunday School
- 3:00pm Break
- 3:15pm Session 3: Learning the 8 Signposts of Discipleship
- 4:15pm Session 4: Mapping a Process for Making Disciples
- 5:15pm Debrief
- 5:30pm Dismiss to dinner
- 6:00pm Dinner as a group
- 6:30-8:00am Breakfast at hotel
- 8:30am Devotional
- 8:45am Session 5: Discovering Arthur Flake’s Formula for Growing the
- 9:45am Session 6: Identifying Best Practices for Enlisting Workers
- 10:45am Break
- 11:00am Session 7: Training your Workers
- 12:00am Lunch
- 12:45pm Session 8: Developing your Curriculum Strategy
- 1:45pm Session 9: Starting New Groups
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Session 10: Creating my Next Steps Plan
- 4:00pm Debrief
- 4:30pm Pray / Dismiss / head home