The story of the Bible centers on God's plan to provide a Rescuer to deliver people from sin. God reminded His people of this promise through repeated patterns of real people and objects in the Bible that point to Jesus. Each image helped His people better understand Jesus and recognize Him when He came.
- The tabernacle and veil (Hebrews 10:19-20)
- The sacrificial system (Hebrews 9:19-28)
- The Passover lamb (1 Corinthians 5:7)
WHAT DOES A PARENT OR LEADER NEED TO KNOW?
- Images are real people and real objects.
- Old Testament images of Jesus are sometimes clearly taught in the New Testament.
- What we learn about Jesus through the image is greater than the image itself.