Frequently bought together
We Saved You a Seat - Teen Girls' Bible Study Book
About this Item
Some of the best and most difficult work God calls us to do is to love other people.
In a culture where friendship is measured in follows, likes, mentions, and snaps, and being “unfriended” is a very real worry, girls often think they need to have it all together—the pressure for perfection creates distance instead of real, authentic relationships.
We Saved You A Seat takes girls deeper into Scripture to learn how to create, invest in, and keep up lifelong friendships. Jesus is the role model for our friendships and Scripture is the foundation. We don’t wait until we’re all put together to come to Jesus. Over the course of seven sessions, girls will learn that true friendship takes…
- Showing up and being willing to go first
- Being vulnerable and knowing that real friendship is messy
- Encouraging rather than competing
- The desire for connection over perfection
- Knowing when to walk away
While girls may talk about the follows and likes and the perfect promposal, what they really want is true, lasting, unconditional friendship. They want connection. They want to know that someone saved them a seat.
- Leader helps in the back of the Bible study book so anyone can facilitate a group
- Personal Study to be completed between the 7 group sessions
- Debunk the myth that friendship is easy.
- Overcome the fear of knowing and being known.
- Quit running from friendship and find the courage to connect.
Shop All "We Saved You A Seat"
Lisa-Jo Baker has been the community manager for www.incourage.me, an online home for women all over the world, for nearly a decade. She is the author of Never Unfriended and Surprised by Motherhood, as well as the creator of The Temper Toolkit, and her writings have been syndicated from New Zealand to New York. She lives just outside Washington, DC, with her husband and their three very loud kids, where she connects, encourages, and champions women in person and through her blog, lisajobaker.com. She is convinced that the shortest distance between strangers is a shared awkward story, and she’d love to connect with you on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram @lisajobaker.
- Age Minimum
- Dimension - Height
- Dimension - Length
- Dimension - Width
- Medium Format
- Number of Pages
- Product Group
- Bible Study
- Product Type
- Study Guide
- Publication Date
- Lifeway Christian Resources