The Wonder of Advent - Bible Study Book with Video Access:
Delighting in the Hope, Joy, Peace, and Love of Christmas
- Lifeway Women (Author)
Frequently bought together
The Wonder of Advent - Bible Study Book with Video Access
About this Item
More than any other time of year, Christmas brings with it an undeniable sense of wonder and awe.
The Advent season gives us the opportunity to delight in the promises we celebrate at Christmas: the HOPE that Jesus will return and make all things new; the JOY that comes from worshiping Him today and for eternity; the PEACE we experience with God today and we long for our world to experience when it is redeemed; and the LOVE of a God who sacrificed His own Son to be in relationship with us.
In The Wonder of Advent, spend a week considering each of the themes of Advent—hope, joy, peace, and love. Each week you'll trace that theme throughout Scripture by looking at: 1) an Old Testament prophecy; 2) a scene from the Christmas story; 3) a moment from Jesus’s earthly ministry; 4) a teaching of Jesus; and 5) a promise from Revelation. When your eyes are opened to these threads in Scripture, you'll stand in awe of the glory and love of God, and you'll be motivated to share the wonder of Advent with the world.
- 4 weeks of personal study
- 4 devotional videos featuring music by Adrienne Camp, approximately 15 minutes per session, available via redemption code for individual video-streaming access, printed in Bible study book
- Leader helps for group discussion
- Beautiful full color interior to enhance your experience
- Specific Advent activities for kids, teens, and adults
- Be reminded of the hope, joy, peace, and love available in Jesus.
- Understand how Old Testament promises and New Testament events tell the full story of Jesus’s first advent and look ahead to His return.
- Learn how to set your focus on the promise of Jesus’s return and how God wants you to live in the meantime.
- Session One: Hope (16:44)—Prepare your heart for the Advent season with a time of reflection on the theme of “hope.” This video session includes worship with Adrienne Camp as she sings the classic Christmas hymn “O Holy Night,” a Scripture reading and the lighting of the Advent wreath’s hope candle, and a devotional teaching that reminds you of the hope you can have in the Lord because He always keeps His promises.
- Session Two: Joy (14:21)—When you read the Christmas story in the Bible, you can’t miss the joy of everyone who met Jesus. In this video session, joy is the focus with Adrienne Camp’s rendition of “O Come All Ye Faithful” and a Scripture reading and the lighting of the Advent wreath’s joy candle. In her teaching time, Adrienne explains that true joy comes when we put our trust in the Lord, when we choose to focus on who He is rather than how things are going in our lives.
- Session Three: Peace (12:43)—Through His first Advent, Jesus made peace between God and His children possible, and when He returns, He will make peace the universal reality. This is the focus of the third week of Advent. Join Adrienne Camp in the singing of “O Come, O Come Emmanuel,” a Scripture reading and the lighting of the Advent wreath’s peace candle, and a time of teaching that anticipates the promise that with Jesus’s return death, grief, crying, and pain will be no more.
- Session Four: Love (15:17)—For the final week of Advent, join in a time of worship as Adrienne Camp performs “Silent Night.” This video session also includes a Scripture reading and the lighting of the Advent wreath’s love candle, and a devotional teaching from Lifeway Women author Mary Wiley, who encourages you to see God’s love for you in a fresh way this Christmas season as you reflect on the wondrous news of Jesus’s birth and the anticipation of His return.
- Age Minimum
- Dimension - Height
- Dimension - Length
- Dimension - Width
- Medium Format
- Number of Pages
- Product Group
- Bible Study
- Product Type
- Study Guide
- Publication Date
- Lifeway Christian Resources