God's heart is moved by your cries for help, your shouts for joy, your unspoken worries. We know Him to be a God of unparalled power and authority, but Mark's account of Jesus paints Him as a deeply personal and intimate God too.
The Gospel of Mark: The Jesus We're Aching For,
follow Jesus through His days of early ministry all the way to the cross. It's there we discover what it means to be the recipients of His excessive compassion and the very reason for His all-consuming passion.
- 7 Interactive teaching videos
- Leader helps that guide discussion with small groups
- Personal study in the Bible study book to complete between group sessions
- Discover more about Jesus' earthly ministry and how it impacts us today
- Help learners understand the compassion and passion of Jesus and how His heart is moved by humanity
- Stop see Jesus through the perspective of man and see the transformation and world-changing results as you discover the true Jesus of Scripture
Rarely are the terms hilarious storyteller and theological scholar used in the same sentence, much less used to describe the same person, but Lisa Harper is anything but stereotypical! She has been lauded as a master storyteller, whose writing and speaking overflows with colorful pop culture references that connect the dots between the Bible era and modern life. Lisa's vocational resume includes six years as the director of Focus on the Family's national women's ministry, followed by six years as the women's ministry director at a large church. Her academic resume includes a Masters of Theological Studies with honors from Covenant Seminary. Now a sought-after Bible teacher and speaker, Lisa has been featured on the national Women of Faith tour and speaks at many other conferences, including LifeWay Women's Abundance. She's written 10 books including Stumbling Into Grace: Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman and A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough For God. Yet in spite of her credentials, the most noticeable thing about Lisa Harper is her authenticity. When asked about her accomplishments she said, "I'm so grateful for the opportunities God's given me; but don't forget, He often uses donkeys and rocks!"