The Gospel of John - Bible Study Book with Video Access:
Savoring the Peace of Jesus in a Chaotic World
- Melissa Spoelstra (Author)
- Buy 1-29 for $21.99 each
- Buy 30-49 for $19.79 each
- Buy 50+ for $18.69 each
Frequently bought together
The Gospel of John - Bible Study Book with Video Access
About this Item
Life. It seems to move at a break-neck pace. Days are filled with noise, screens, and appointments. Sometimes worry and fear are constant companions. The chaos can leave you looking for a place to be still, but that resting spot always seems to be an elusive destination. Jesus offers a different kind of life. He offers peace. He is peace.
In this 7-session study on the Gospel of John, Melissa Spoelstra will encourage you to slow down and linger with the living Word. You’ll appreciate the pace of the Savior who never hurried but completed all that the Father called Him to accomplish. As you turn the pages of John’s Gospel, you’ll be challenged to take on the posture of a learner—understanding that the peace Jesus offers is not an ease of circumstances, but a stillness of the soul. As a result, you’ll grow in intimacy with Him and learn to live, serve, and rest in His peace.
- 7 video sessions, 25–30 minutes each, that illustrate and unpack truths found throughout the study, available via redemption code printed in the Bible study book
- 6 weeks of personal study to be completed between the 7 group sessions
- Extras such as a timeline, maps, and background information to help set the context and provide better understanding of the Gospel of John
- Understand that peace is not a program or perspective; peace is a person
- Embrace the gift of peace Jesus promises
- Slow down your busy life and learn to walk in the pace of Jesus
- Discover the distinctives of John’s Gospel through context and historical insights
- Session One: Introduction (23:01)—Melissa begins the video teaching on the Gospel of John by setting the context for the study. She shares about who John was writing to and his purpose for writing the Gospel. She also gives an overview of the six remaining video sessions, noting the themes and memory verses.
- Session Two: Peace in the Plan of Jesus (25:59)—The video teaching for Session 2 centers on savoring peace in the plan of Jesus. Melissa focuses on John 1–3 to show us how God was the orchestrator of the salvation plan set before the beginning of time. This plan was accomplished by His power, evidenced His great love for us, and displayed His glory.
- Session Three: Peace in the Power of Jesus (25:28)—John 4–6 is the focal point of the teaching in Session 3 video as Melissa talks about savoring peace in the power of Jesus. She discusses three of the seven signs (miracles) found in John’s Gospel and points out three important truths for us to remember. She challenges us to rest in the truth that God is powerfully able and willing to help us in our time of need.
- Session Four: Peace in the Patience of Jesus (24:46)—In the Session 4 video teaching, Melissa focuses on savoring peace in the patience of Jesus. She’ll discuss portions of John 7–9 to reveal the big idea that when we look beneath the surface of our longings, we will find Jesus as our only source of satisfaction.
- Session Five: Peace in the Purposes of Jesus (31:11)—Savoring peace in the purposes of Jesus is the theme of the Session 5 video teaching. Melissa looks at portions of John 10–13 to point out that Jesus is the good Shepherd who loves, protects, and provides for us as His sheep. He came to give us abundant life. And even though our circumstances might be difficult at times, His purposes are always good.
- Session Six: Peace in the Promises of Jesus (29:02)—The Session 6 video highlights truths found in Jesus’s teaching and prayer found in John 14–17 that help us savor peace in His promises. Melissa focus on three promises Jesus makes in this passage of Scripture: to provide us an Advocate, to intercede for us, and to sustain us.
- Session Seven: Peace in the Passion of Jesus (28:53)—In the final video teaching, Melissa draws our attention to the last four chapters of John as we look at savoring peace in the passion of Jesus. She particularly focuses on the post-resurrection encounters Jesus had with Mary Magdalene, Thomas, and Peter, to show how even in our distress, doubt, and denial, Jesus is always moving toward us to redeem and restore.
Shop All "The Gospel of John"
- Age Minimum
- Dimension - Height
- Dimension - Length
- Dimension - Width
- Medium Format
- Number of Pages
- Product Group
- Bible Study
- Product Type
- Study Guide
- Publication Date
- Lifeway Christian Resources