Mentor Bible Study eBook includes six small-group sessions, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading a group. A vital component of a group member’s discipleship experience, this
Bible Study eBook includes optional personal-study activities that can be adapted to the individual’s specific needs or schedule.
“The disciple walks in the dust of the master." This common expression from the first century summarizes the focus of this study. Discipleship is nonnegotiable in Scripture. And the best way to learn how to walk with God is to walk in the dust of a master who himself walks with God. The master must not walk so far ahead and the disciple so far behind that the master's dust cannot fall on the student. Mentoring takes place as two or more people walk together. Using Jesus and Paul as examples, this study describes the biblical model of mentorship, provides a practical strategy for starting a mentoring relationship and process, addresses common challenges in mentoring, and more.
1) Understanding Along-the-Way Discipleship
2) Learning from the Master: Jesus and His Disciples
3) Mentoring in Action: Paul and Timothy
4) Taking the First Steps
5) Developing a Plan of Action
6) Preparing for Potholes and Possibilities
• Designed for a facilitator, not an expert leader
• Biblically rooted content
• Personal-study opportunities that are challenging but manageable
• Links to websites and other resources to facilitate the mentoring process
• Practical application steps after each session
• Learn about the biblical model of mentoring as seen in Jesus with His disciples and in Paul with Timothy.
• Realize the importance of being a good mentee and a good mentor.
• Discover a practical strategy for starting a mentoring relationship and process.
• Apply simple steps to resolve common problems in mentoring (for example, codependence and interpersonal conflict).