Letters of the Revelation Bible Study Book includes six small-group sessions, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading a group. The
Bible Study Book, a vital component of a group member’s discipleship experience, includes optional personal-study activities that can be adapted to the individual’s specific needs or schedule.
John’s Revelation is perhaps the most studied and discussed book in the Bible. It begins with seven letters to seven different churches of the day: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. Revelation and this study explore their challenges, failures, expectations, and victories. Through careful examination of these churches, group members will discover the cultural implications for those times and the ways John’s prophetic vision applies today. Participants will develop a better context for end-times theology and gain a greater understanding of the task that faces the church right now. Individuals will be challenged to repent and reorient their lives to the mission of the church, as revealed in the prophecies of John. They will learn that modern churches have shortcomings like those of the churches of Asia. Yet there is still time to awake from spiritual lethargy and deadness and embrace the mission God has for His church today.
The six sessions will cover the following churches:
1. Rekindling Your First Love: The Church in Ephesus
2. Faithful in Persecution: The Church in Smyrna
3. Return to Purity: The Churches in Thyatira and Pergamum
4. Awake from Your Deadness: The Church in Sardis
5. Cling to What Is Good: The Church in Philadelphia
6. Restore Your Sight: The Church in Laodicea
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Six small-group sessions that explore the letters to the seven churches of the Revelation
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges of the church in the first century and today.
• Give group members a historical context for applying the warnings of John’s revelation.
• Discover a path to a more vibrant spiritual life in the truth of the gospel.
• Equip your group to understand and navigate a culture saturated in sexual innuendo and images.
• Help your group respond to persecution in today’s world.
• Cultivate better discernment to identify true worth and to recognize what is truly superior in our world.