Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman – Audio Sessions by Beth Moore are 10 individual, downloadable audio sessions. These audio sessions are available to purchase individually or as a bundle.
Join Beth in a very personal examination of the Old Testament story of Esther as she peels back the layers of history and shows how very contemporary and applicable the story is to our lives today. If you've ever felt inadequate, threatened, or pushed into situations that seemed overpowering, this is the Bible study for you. Just as it was tough being a woman in Esther's day, it's tough today.
- Introduction (62:00)—In this session Beth introduces the study and looks at the historical background and the uniqueness of the Book of Esther.
- Session 1: A Royal Mess (61:00)—Beth gives character sketches of Mordecai and Esther. Now you don't have to miss any of the sessions of this study of Esther, a book that contains treasures to aid us in our hurried, harried, and pressured lives. (61:00)
- Session 2: A Contest for a Queen (57:00)—Beth introduces Haman and explains his hatred toward Mordecai and all Jews.
- Session 3: A Raging Passion for Honor (57:29)—Beth discusses God-appointed destinies and the dilemma of destiny from a human perspective.
- Session 4: If You Remain Silent (63:00)—Beth discusses the changes Esther goes through that move her from self-preservation to brave determination.
- Session 5: A Table Set for Providence (64:00)—is all about timing. There is time to be silent, and a time to speak and it is God-timed.
- Session 6: What Goes Around (63:00)—Beth discusses the Reversal of Destiny (also called the Reversal of Fortune) and the unexpected turn of events that occurs at banquets.
- Session 7: Where Is the Man? (64:00)—Beth discusses the impact of all of the events on all four major characters.
- Session 8: The Right to Be Ready (64:00)—Beth discusses how God brings about the reversal of destiny and turns the curse into a blessing.
- Session 9: The Tables Turned (53:00)—Beth shows how the Jewish race was preserved by an unlikely partnership through improbable circumstances, thus accomplishing God's promise to His people.