This in-depth women's Bible study draws parallels between the captive Israelites of the Old Testament and New Testament believers in Jesus as the Promised Messiah. Beth looks at the Book of Isaiah through the lives of the kings who ruled during the prophet's ministry. These kings exemplify many of the obstacles to freedom with which we must deal. Using Scripture to help identify spiritual strongholds in your life, no matter how big or small, Beth explains that anything that hinders us from the benefits of knowing God is bondage.
Join Beth Moore on a Bible journey unlike any other. God intends for you to know and believe Him, glorify Him, experience His peace, and enjoy His presence. Breaking Free is Beth's life message that she wants to share with you. Taped live at Franklin Avenue Baptist Church in New Orleans, this study includes testimonies of how women like you have found freedom and have been delivered from personal captivity.
Leader Kit Includes:
- One Bible study book with personal study segments to complete between 11 weeks of group sessions and leader guide to lead discussion within small groups
- DVDs with essential teaching videos, approximately 55–63 minutes per session
- Card with 3 additional digital downloads of teaching videos, Wordsearch digital library, and extra leader resources
- Discover the transforming power of freedom in Christ.
- Identify strongholds that keep you from knowing God.
- Be inspired to break the bonds of personal captivity with testimonies from women just like you.
- Session 1: (55:56)—In this session Beth introduces the study and demonstrates from Scripture how God's people can be oppressed and in bondage. Then she shows God's purpose to shatter yokes and set His people free.
- Session 2: Untying the Cords of the Yoke(58:37)—Beth shows how Isaiah powerfully connects the suffering of Jesus to freedom from bondage for His people.
- Session 3: That You May Know(55:01)—Beth leads students to identify the equations that lead to bondage and the formula that leads to freedom.
- Session 4: Removing the Obstacles(58:50)—Beth discusses how God has reserved momentous victories and great rewards for us. But we'll never make it to our milestones if we can't make it through our moments.
- Session 5: Rebuilding the Ancient Ruins (60:00)—Beth shows us the way to the courage to believe we can be different.
- Session 6: Binding Up the Brokenhearted(59:45)—Beth shares that to be free we must allow Christ to fill up all our empty places.
- Session 7: Beauty from Ashes (59:59)—Beth discusses how God never allows or appoints a fire in our lives unless He can bring beauty from the ashes. The purpose of God's refining work in our lives is to make us objects of beauty.
- Session 8: The Potter and the Clay(58:00)—Beth discusses how we do not find freedom by casting off a yoke but by trading a yoke of slavery for a yoke of liberty. Christ does not force us, but He invites us to share His yoke.
- Session 9: God's Unfailing Love (63:00)—Beth leads students to identify and address obstacles to loving God.
- Session 10: The Steadfast Mind (54:16)—Beth explores the description of our times found in 2 Timothy 3. She warns women of the type people who promote lives of bondage.
- Session 11: The Display of His Splendor (56:02)—Beth concludes the study with the promise that when circumstances and blighted hopes combine to convince us our name is forsaken, our Bridegroom whispers to us a name that is His alone to give.