As for Me - Bible Study eBook with Video Access:
Life Through the Lens of the Psalms
- Adrienne Camp (Author)
Return Policy -
Frequently bought together
As for Me - Bible Study eBook with Video Access
About this Item
Overview“As for me, I will tell about him forever; I will sing praise to the God of Jacob.”
From songs of praise to cries of lament and everything in-between, the book of Psalms captures the wide range of emotions in life. The psalmists paint a picture of a relationship with God that is filled with delays, disappointments, surprises, and triumphs. Through it all, their words model an incredible resolve to keep their eyes on God. Instead of being swallowed up by the darkness of their emotions and circumstances, they persevered in grabbing hold of God's unfailing love and faithfulness.
In this 7-session Bible study, author and singer Adrienne Camp invites you to join her on a journey through the book of Psalms. Gain a deeper understanding of who God is and be encouraged to hold on to Him no matter what is happening around you. Let the psalms become the prayers you carry with you into every moment of every day, so that you, too, can say with confidence, “As for me, I will worship and serve the Lord no matter what.”
Lifeway eBooks can be read on your computer, smartphone, or tablet at read.Lifeway.com. Simply sign in using the email address and password that were used to purchase your eBook to find it in your library.
- 6 weeks of personal study to be completed between the 7 group sessions
- 7 inspiring teaching videos, approximately 10–15 minutes, via redemption code printed in the Bible study book
- Weekly reading plan through the book of Psalms for women who want to go further in their study
- Beautiful full color interior to enhance your experience
- Leader helps for group discussion
- Discover God’s steadfast goodness through the psalms.
- Learn how to keep your eyes fixed on God, no matter the circumstances surrounding you.
- Develop a deeper walk with Jesus.
- Invite the Lord into every moment of your day.
- Find the confidence to express the full range of your emotions to God.
- Be reminded of the importance of steadfast and immovable faith in God.
- Understand God is trustworthy even when it’s difficult to trust Him.
- Session One: As for Me (9:08)—In this introduction to the study and the book of Psalms, Adrienne describes the deeply personal and relevant nature of the songs and poems included in Psalms. She challenges you to keep two questions in mind throughout your study: Where is Jesus in Psalms? And where am I?
- Session Two: Thanksgiving (9:58)—Adrienne begins this session’s video with a very personal story of a time when God’s presence became a treasure for her soul and the role the psalms played in that season. She also introduces the thanksgiving psalms and how they teach you to look to Jesus and be grateful to God in all things.
- Session Three: Wisdom (9:38)—This session, Adrienne describes the purpose of wisdom psalms to provide you with instructions for living your life in a way that glorifies God. With David’s prayer for wisdom in Psalm 119, Adrienne encourages you to live in obedience and fear of the Lord through unhindered fellowship with Jesus.
- Session Four: Royal & Prophetic (11:08)—To introduce the royal psalms, Adrienne explains the role of prophecy and the connection between how the psalmists speak of David’s reign and look ahead to the reign of Jesus the Messiah. She helps you see that many of the royal psalms were prophetic and have been fulfilled in Jesus. Through these psalms you’ll be encouraged to live a life that shows the world who Jesus is and what He has done.
- Session Five: Lament (8:56)—Listen in as Adrienne shares a story of a time in her family’s life that tested their trust in the Lord and His plan for their lives. Hard seasons like that one help you see God from a new perspective and remind you to turn to Him for healing and comfort. This is the feeling captured in the lament psalms.
- Session Six: Trust & Imprecatory (11:20)—In this session, Adrienne emphasizes the importance of trust psalms as a model for how to unite yourself with God’s will. She also explains imprecatory psalms, a type of trust psalms that look to God to act and bring justice. The way forward in Scripture shows you to leave your burdens at the foot of the cross and fix your eyes on Jesus.
- Session Seven: Praise—Our Response! (9:31)—In her final video, Adrienne encourages you to follow the example of the psalmists and live with a heart of praise ignited by genuine delight in the Lord. Psalms of praise give you the words to delight in the Lord and to reflect Jesus to the world.
- Age Minimum
- Dimension - Length
- Dimension - Width
- Medium Format
- Number of Pages
- Product Group
- Bible Study
- Product Type
- Study Guide
- Publication Date
- Lifeway Christian Resources