All Things New - DVD Set:
A Study on 2 Corinthians
- Kelly Minter (Author)
Return Policy -
Frequently bought together
All Things New - DVD Set
About this Item
OverviewThe city of ancient Corinth was much like our own modern-day cities: a melting pot of electrifying cultural experiences to be had, along with the myriad pitfalls of spiritual depravity. Still, Paul wrote to the church of God in Corinth. Meaning God’s church is meant to thrive in any city and every circumstance in which we find ourselves. Paul’s letter is as timely as ever.
Over 8 sessions, Kelly Minter will lead you through the Letter of 2 Corinthians, exploring the anchoring truths of bearing treasures in jars of clay, meeting Christ through a pressing thorn, opening wide your heart in the midst of hurtful relationships, and what it means to embrace the lost and lonely as ministers of the new covenant. Each of us has a message to proclaim and live by: Because of Jesus the old has gone, the new has come.
DVD Set includes:
- 2 DVDs with enriching teaching videos, approximately 35 minutes per session
- Grow in biblical literacy with in-depth study of the Book of 2 Corinthians.
- Discover how God can use you no matter your cultural setting.
- Learn how your suffering can help you comfort others.
- Gain wisdom for relationships and strengthen your church and community.
- Leave your old self behind as you celebrate the new life of a believer.
- Understand God’s ways will set you free.
- Session 1: All Things New (26:35)—In this first session we learn the background of 2 Corinthians. This was a heartfelt letter to a church in a city, Corinth, much like cities we live in today. The letter was written out of Paul's weakness, with an open heart about how all of life can change because Jesus has made all things new.
- Session 2: The God of All Comfort (35:30)—There are four truths we learn about Christian suffering in this session as we explore more of 2 Corinthians. However, that suffering has a purpose. We are reminded that our comfort flows through Jesus. We often naturally draw closer to Him and identify with Him more closely as we experience suffering.
- Session 3: A New Ministry (37:20)—In this session, we look at five characteristics of a New Covenant ministry. We are often judged according to the world's standards. However, when we compare and contrast those standards with the New Covenant, we discover how we are made new and transformed through Jesus Christ.
- Session 4: The New Has Come (35:55)—This is the second half of Paul's defense of Christian ministry through the New Covenant. We are reminded of the promises of God and how we are to respond in light of those promises.
- Session 5: Rethinking Generosity (38:45)—In this session we learn five things about biblical generosity. Focused on the grace of God, we discover that only God can make overflowing joy and extreme poverty equally rich. Only the grace of God can cause us to give a little bit more or before we are asked.
- Session 6: A Good Kind of Boasting (36:30)—In this session we are reminded that every person has an assignment and ministry. Many resisted Paul's apostolic ministry and attacked him. We are to avoid comparison thinking and judgment and to focus on our assignment.
- Session 7: Thorns in the Flesh (36:55)—We all face challenges and difficulties. When we don't understand the "thorns" in life, we need to remember that God knows and understands even when we do not. Weakness is the avenue through which Christ's grace rests and power flows.
- Session 8: Spending Ourselves for Others (34:50)—In this final session we look at three fears Paul had about visiting Corinth and his ultimate desire for their good. Paul encouraged the Corinthians and us to focus on intentional relationship with others, noting that living and serving for the good of others will leave us spent at times, but worth it.
- Age Minimum
- Dimension - Height
- Dimension - Length
- Dimension - Width
- Medium Format
- DVD Video
- Number of Pages
- Product Group
- Bible Study
- Product Type
- Bible Study Accessory
- Publication Date
- Lifeway Christian Resources