Do You Want to Be Happy?
Everyone wants to be happy. We spend our money, time, and energy chasing our version of the good life. And on the way, we run ourselves into physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. But what if the happiness we’re all striving for isn’t the happiness we were created for?
Pastor and author Dr. Derwin L. Gray believes there is a better road to happiness, and it is found in the Beatitudes of Jesus. In this section of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus revealed the shocking, countercultural path to true flourishing. It comes not through wealth, fame, or laughter but through poverty, obscurity, and mourning.
True happiness comes from a heart directed toward the kingdom of God and satisfied in Jesus the King. This 8-session small-group study demonstrates how Jesus taught us to search for, find, and hold on to the good life.
See that happiness does not depend on what happens to you but what has happened to you through Jesus.
• Video and session previews featuring author Derwin Gray
• 8 small-group sessions
• Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Promotional content, including promotional video
• Social media assets for the group leader
• Find the good life available to those who know Jesus Christ.
• Reflect on the timeless truths of the beatitudes.
• Receive comfort from God and extend that comfort to others.
• Hunger and thirst for a deeper relationship with God through Christ.
• Develop endurance when experiencing persecution.
• Practice God-centered humility.
• Become a more merciful person as you extend the mercy of God to others.
• See how God can use you as a peacemaker in your church and community.
1) Happy are the Beggars
2) Happy are Those Who Lament
3) Happy are the Humble
4) Happy are the Hungry and Thirsty
5) Happy are the Merciful
6) Happy are the Seers
7) Happy are the Peacemakers
8) Happy are the Persecuted