An honest evaluation of your life may leave you wanting more—not more stuff but more meaning. Pursuing Holiness can put you on the path to a maturing life in Christ. Of course, the world provides no cheerleaders for a disciple’s pursuit of personal holiness. And it’s natural to drift away from holiness rather than toward it. This discipline requires focus, knowledge, community, and practice.
This six-session study in the Disciple for Life series equips believers with the tools to put the pursuit of a holy life not only in its proper place but also within reach. It avoids the pitfalls of legalistic structures. Instead, the study encourages believers to pursue a life of continual spiritual growth that is embraced by the grace of God and defined by the gospel of Jesus Christ. As you discover applications from the Book of James, you’ll learn that endurance, humility, obedience, and prayer can be essential parts of your everyday life. Why? Because a life dedicated to Christ is a life in which holiness is the norm.
• Videos featuring author Philip Nation
• Helpful leader guide for facilitating a group study
• Six small-group sessions that examine the Book of James and the pursuit of holiness
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Six-session Bible Study Book with group and personal components
• Promotional content, including a promotional video
• Social-media assets for the group leader
• Learn principles of holy living from the Book of James that lead to spiritual growth, meaning, purpose, and fulfillment.
• Assess the decisions that make up your days, weeks, and months so you can become more intentional about pursuing holiness.
• Understand the relationship between holiness and grace.
• Learn how to effectively practice holiness and develop a lifestyle that honors God.
• Experience the power of prayer in your pursuit of holiness.
• Understand the meaning of holiness in a worldly context.