Learning from the Prayers of Old Testament Leaders
Prayer is essential to our spiritual growth, yet few of us pray as often or as fervently as we would like. We turn to God only in moments of desperation and crisis. God wants us to turn to Him at every moment of our lives.
The Bible is filled with the prayers of God’s people. Many of the prayers come at critical junctures of faith—at crossroads of decision. Scripture shows us multiple examples of people turning to God when there is nowhere else to turn for peace, comfort, guidance, and strength. Looking to these prayers of biblical leaders, we can learn to pray with new commitment and passion.
In this 12-session Bible study, taught by seminary professors and ministry leaders, we will learn that the ancient prayers of Old Testament saints have much to teach us in our present circumstances, whether at a crossroads or on our daily path. Each week’s study features both group and individual prayer guides so that participants can grow in their ability to pray. Together we will learn to call on God not only at crossroads but also in our daily lives.
• Twelve small group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Interactive prayer journals for group and private prayer
• Be equipped to face crossroads in your life with divine strength.
• Understand critical crossroads behind the powerful prayers of Old Testament saints.
• Gain a better understanding of biblical prayers by learning from seminary professors and Bible teachers.
• Learn to pray with greater clarity, purpose, and fervency.
• Follow a practical method to develop a discipline of prayer.
• Journal your own prayers to God.
• Learn to pray with your small group.
• Recognize the importance of praying for one another in all circumstances.