Jesus Became Like Us So That We Could Become Like Him
The Gospel of John differs from the other three gospel accounts of Jesus’ life and ministry. John focused on the nature of Christ and how belief in Him leads to true life. Through the first three chapters, we learn how we’re dependent upon God to help us believe in the name of Jesus and become His children and experience a well of abundant grace that never runs dry. To this day, Jesus continues to draw followers to Himself in the same ways He drew His first disciples. Jesus became like us so that we might become like Him. (12 sessions)
1. Through the Word
2. God-Given Belief
3. Grace Upon Grace
4. The Word and the Witness
5. Behold the Lamb
6. Called to Follow
7. New Wine
8. The Temple, Spiritual Consumerism, and Jesus
9. An Inadequate Faith
10. Born of the Spirit
11. A Love that Gives and Sends
12. Our Place and Message
- 12 small-group sessions
- Teaching videos and session previews featuring author Matt Chandler
- Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Promotional content, including promotional video
- Social media assets for the group leader
- Learn the nature of Christ and how true life is found in His name.
- See Jesus as a Prophet who confronts us, a Priest who cleanses us, and a King who constructs the temple of true worship.
- Examine our relationships with Jesus and ensure that we know Him personally rather than simply knowing information about Him.
- Believe in the finished work of Jesus and experience a well of abundant grace that never runs dry.
- Turn away from sin and toward Christ.