Use these tools to help you to understand where you are spiritually and how God has gifted you. As a church leader you can empower the people in your church to serve with their gifts and encourage them in their spiritual growth.
Spiritual gifts assessment tools
- Spiritual Gifts Survey (Discovery Tool)
- Spiritual Gifts List (List of Gifts and Scripture References)
- Where do you feel God leading you to serve Him? (Discovery Tool)
God invites us to "give our spiritual gifts away" through service. Here are some ways to encourage people in your church to serve using their spiritual gifts.
Teach what the Bible says about spiritual gifts
Here are a few verses to get you thinking about what you need to reinforce (Paul's basic description of a spiritual gift can be found in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11):
- Each believer is given at least one gift.
(1 Corinthians 12:7)
- The Holy Spirit determines who receives which gifts.
(1 Corinthians 12:11)
- Each gift is equally valuable. (1 Corinthians 12:21-26)
- We are to use our gifts to serve others for the benefit of the body. (Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:12)
- We are commanded to use our gifts. (1 Peter 4:10)
- Exercising our gifts will help us develop spiritual maturity. (Ephesians 4:13)
Pray for revelation
God will reveal our gifts through His Holy Spirit. Believers should pray and study what God says about gifts in His Word. We should also remember God uses other believers to affirm our gift. Sometimes God may also use spiritual gift assessment tools to reveal His gifts.
Match gifts with ministry opportunities
Once gifts are discovered, the next step is to take action on that discovery. Here is an example of a way to match interests and gifts with ministry opportunities.
Your spiritual journey as a follower of Christ began the moment you admitted personal sin and placed your trust in Christ as Savior and Lord. From that point, until death or the return of Christ, your life’s call is to grow in Christlikeness.
God expects His children to grow spiritually and His Word encourages personal examination as an element of growth.
The assessment (download from the link to the right) helps you think carefully about your spiritual development related to six specific spiritual disciplines; abiding in Christ, living in the Word, praying in faith, fellowshipping with believers, witnessing to the world, ministering to others.