Prodigal Son Bible Study by Matt Carter
Study the Parable of the Prodigal Son
At some point we have all asked, "Is Christianity really working for me? Or is following Jesus really worth it?" But what makes us ask these questions in the first place? Why are we so tempted by the allure of a life outside God’s design?
Thankfully, Jesus addressed this question through the well-known parable of the Prodigal Son from the gospel of Luke. In this story, we meet a young man who demands his inheritance and then squanders it in a far-off country away from the watchful eye of his father. When he finds that the world and its pleasures do not deliver on their promises, he arises and returns home.
This Bible study walks through the parable verse by verse, showing us what it means to follow God and walk with Him in a relationship of love and commitment, and ultimately illustrating that the best life is found in the love of our Father.
Available for adults and teens.
- Videos and session previews featuring author Matt Carter
- Eight small-group sessions
- Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Promotional video
- Social media assets for the group leader
- See the progression from temptation to sin and learn to avoid it.
- Find answers to the big questions all Christians ask in their faith journeys.
- Meet the gracious heavenly Father who rejoices over and celebrates your relationship with Him.
- Identify the root of your sin problem.
- Accept what it truly means to be loved and forgiven by Jesus.
- See how God draws believers to Himself when they are lost and wayward.
- Mourn your sin to find comfort in Jesus.
- Come home to receive the love of your Father.