Understand What It Means to be Made in the Image of God
People are naturally compelled to ask questions of identity: Who am I? What am I worth? Why am I here? The answers culture offers only lead to more questions. To properly answer these questions, we need to look all the way back to the beginning—to our creation—and see that all people are made in the image of God.
Having a well-rounded view of the imago Dei will help us better understand ourselves, God, and the restoring work of salvation that comes to us through Jesus Christ. We can understand what God intended the imago Dei to be, how sin corrupted it, and how Jesus restores it through the power of the cross and the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
Created in partnership with The Gospel Coalition, Imago Dei examines the image of God biblically within the grand narrative of Scripture, relationally as it applies to ourselves and others, and missionally in our service to others and in our obedience to the Great Commission.
• Six small-group sessions
• Documentary-style videos that features teaching by more than twenty different Christian voices, including Tim Keller, Jackie Hill Perry, Sam Allberry, Nancy Guthrie, Kevin DeYoung, D.A. Carson, Albert Mohler, and more
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Promotional video
• Gain a clearer understanding of what it means to be made in the image of God.
• Learn how to see yourself and others in light of their status as image bearers.
• Recognize your power and dignity as an image bearer.
• See the biblical story of redemption through the eyes of an image bearer.
• Hear leading voices in the Christian community explore the meaning and implications of the imago Dei.
• Respond to God’s call to be on mission, serving people who are different from you.
• Realize that Jesus is the exact imprint of God’s nature.
• Recognize the inherent worth of the people God has placed in your life.
• Find practical, redemptive ways to engage with image bearers in your community and the world.
• Discover how the image of God can be renewed through faith in Jesus Christ.