Prophecies About Jesus
God promised His people that a Rescuer, the Messiah, was coming and told them some of what would happen when He came so they would be able to recognize Him. These prophecies—also called Messianic Prophecies—gave hope to the people in the Old Testament and give confidence to us today that Jesus is the Promised One.
- Virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14)
- Suffering Servant (Isaiah 52–53)
- Eternal kingdom (Daniel 7:14)
- Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2)
- Ride on a colt (Zechariah 9:9)
WHAT DOES A PARENT OR LEADER NEED TO KNOW?
- The Old Testament includes more than 300 prophecies about Jesus.
- Old Testament prophecies about Jesus are confirmed in the New Testament.
- Jesus' fulfillment of these prophecies proves God sent Jesus as the promised Messiah.
WHAT DOES A PRESCHOOLER NEED TO KNOW?
- The Bible teaches us about Jesus.
- Long before Jesus was born, God made a plan to send Jesus.
- Prophets gave messages from God to His people.
- God told His people how they would know Jesus is the Messiah.
- We can trust God.
- God keeps His promises.
WHAT DOES AN ELEMENTARY KID NEED TO KNOW?
- All of the Bible teaches us about Jesus.
- Long before Jesus was born, God made a plan to send Jesus to forgive us of our sin.
- God told His people how they would know the Messiah by describing what He would be like and what He would do.
- Prophecies gave God's people hope and prove to us that Jesus is the Messiah.
WHAT DOES A PRETEEN NEED TO KNOW?
- Both the Old Testament and New Testament teach us about Jesus.
- God made a plan to send Jesus before He created the world. God provided Jesus as the only way to be saved from our sin. God told His people how they would know the Messiah by describing what He would be like, including details no one could control.
- Jesus' fulfillment of prophecies give us confidence that the Bible is true.