What Matters Most - Leader Kit
- Karen Ehman (Author)
Return Policy -
Frequently bought together
What Matters Most - Leader Kit
About this Item
OverviewThe world has always been full of trials, disappointments, temptations, fractured friendships, and financial hardships. Yet Paul’s letter to the Philippians claims we can discover contentment and joy in the midst of it all by prioritizing what matters most—Christ.
Over 7 sessions, study the ever-relevant Letter of Philippians to deepen your relationship with Jesus, turn your worries into worship, and develop gospel-centered tools for navigating relational conflict and thriving in Christian love.
Leader Kit Includes:
- One Bible study book with personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions and leader guide to lead discussion within small groups
- 2 DVDs with enriching teaching videos, approximately 18–26 minutes per session
- Card with 3 additional digital downloads of teaching videos
- Learn to live in joy despite your circumstances.
- Unearth the secret of contentment—knowing Christ.
- Banish anxiety by implementing biblical practices to rest in the peace of Christ.
- Prioritize the Lord above all else.
- Develop gospel-centered tools to navigate relational conflict.
- Session 1: (35:53)—In Session 1, Karen introduces the letter to the Philippians by sharing background on Philippi, how the church was started there, and Paul's reason for writing the letter. She also jumps into the text, sharing truths from the first eleven verses.
- Session 2: (39:50)—One of the most familiar verses in Philippians is Paul's declaration in 1:21 – "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain." In Session 2, Karen takes us deep into that verse and the verses surrounding as she unpacks Philippians 1:20-30.
- Session 3: (35:02)—In Session 3, Karen covers all of Philippians 2. She focuses on Paul's plea to the church to live in unity, urging them to reflect the attitude of Christ as they "shine like stars" in the world.
- Session 4: (28:00)—Some of the most powerful passages in Philippians are found in chapter three. Karen will challenge our priorities as she points out Paul's laser focus on knowing Jesus above all else and the need for us to forget what's behind and press forward to what God has for us.
- Session 5: (31:08)—Karen covers the first nine verses of Philippians 4 in Session 6, insisting that we turn our worry into worship by praying with thanksgiving about what's causing anxiety to rise within us. She'll also turn our thoughts to our thoughts, examining Paul's command for us to park our minds on things that are good and holy.
- Session 6: (29:40)—In Session 6, Karen digs into the last part of Philippians, including probably the most often quoted verse in the letter, Philippians 4:13 – "I am able to do all things through him who strengthens me." She'll tackle that verse in the context of helping us discover the secret to being content.
- Session 7: (11:22)—Karen gives a closing challenging by sharing the story of Anthony, whose life transformation reflects the truths we've discovered in Philippians.
- Age Minimum
- Dimension - Height
- Dimension - Length
- Dimension - Width
- Medium Format
- Number of Pages
- Product Group
- Bible Study
- Product Type
- Leader Kit
- Publication Date
- Lifeway Christian Resources