“How are you?”
In today’s busy world, we’re wired to appear “fine,” warding off authenticity and shielding ourselves from judgment. We hide behind the hum of busyness to escape intimate friendships with the women God has placed in our lives.
But we do want a seat at the table. We yearn for authentic relationships and the opportunity to be the opposite of “fine” with people who cheer for us. But comparison, envy, and entitlement often stop us from pulling out a chair at the table. Friendship can be hard, making new friends even harder, and maintaining genuine friendship the hardest of all.
In this 7-session Bible study, Lisa-Jo Baker and friends from (in)courage explore our relationship with Jesus as the ultimate model for authentic friendship. Nothing shapes us like the impact of a friend—it’s how Jesus radically and intimately connects with us. So instead of chasing perfection, overcome your fear of being known and find the courage to connect.
- Leader helps to guide questions and discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments with homework to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions
- Interactive teaching videos, with Lisa-Jo Baker and friends from the (in)courage community, approximately 15 minutes in length per session to help start each group session
- Explore your relationship with Jesus as a model for friendship.
- Debunk the myth of effortless friendship.
- Overcome the fear of knowing and being known.
- Stop running from friendship and find the courage to connect.
- Session 1: Friendship Takes Showing Up (21:25)
- Session 2: Friendship Takes Vulnerability (17:30)
- Session 3: Friendship Takes Encouragement (18:55)
- Session 4: Friendship Takes Service (19:00)
- Session 5: Friendship Takes Forgiveness (21:00)
- Session 6: Friendship Takes Walking Away Wisely (19:50)
- Session 7: Friendship Takes Action (20:20)