It's time to embrace the mission God has for His church.
The Book of Revelation begins with seven letters to seven different churches of the first century. In
To The One Who Conquers,
D. A. Horton explores the challenges, failures, expectations, and victories of these early churches. Through this careful examination, we discover the cultural implications for that time as well as the ways John’s prophetic vision still applies. Despite our best appearances, today’s churches have shortcomings like those of the churches in Asia Minor. Yet there’s still time to embrace the mission God has for His church today.
To the One Who Conquers
Bible Study Book includes six small-group sessions, “How to Use This Study,” as well as a Leader Guide. The Bible study book also includes optional personal study activities that can be adapted to each student's specific needs or schedule.
The six sessions will cover the following churches:
1. Ephesus: The Church without Love
2. Smyrna: The Church that was Persecuted
3. Pergamum and Thyatira: The Churches with Bad Reputations
4. Sardis: The Church that Fell Asleep
5. Philadelphia: The Church that Endured
6. Laodicea: The Church that Turned Lukewarm
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content• Six small-group sessions that explore the letters to the seven churches of the Revelation• Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges of the church in the first century and today.
• Give students a historical context for applying the warnings of John’s revelation.
• Discover a path to a more vibrant spiritual life in the truth of the gospel.
• Equip students to understand and navigate today's culture.
• Help students respond to persecution in today’s world.
• Cultivate better discernment to identify true worth and to recognize what is truly superior in our world.
D. A. Horton
- To The One Who Conquers Kit includes this Bible study book and a DVD for a group study featuring the teaching of D. A. Horton.
- E-book and digital leader kit available at lifeway.com/revelation.
serves as the pastor of Reach Fellowship, a church plant in North Long Beach, California, and as the chief evangelist for the Urban Youth Workers Institute. D. A. earned a Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies from Calvary Bible College and a master’s degree in Christian Studies from Calvary Theological Seminary. He’s currently working on a PhD in Applied Theology with a North American missions emphasis at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. D. A. is the author of
Authentic Love: Christ, Culture, and the Pursuit of Purity
GOSPEL, DNA: Foundations of the Faith,
Bound to Be Free: Escaping Performance to Be Captured by Grace.
He and his wife, Elicia, have two daughters, Izabelle and Lola, and one son, D. A. Jr. (aka Duce).