God Among Us Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, applicable Scripture, and individual study created for personal discipleship.
As a man, Jesus—the Son of God—lived among His creation, among the works of His hands. Imagine the God of the universe walking around and talking with the people He made. What would He say? Whom would He seek?
Each passage in this study teaches about discipleship through Jesus’ encounters. The calling of the twelve disciples exemplifies the bedrock of discipleship, faithfully following Jesus as Savior and Lord. As Jesus taught Nicodemus, new birth comes through faith in God’s son and results in transformation. The humility of John the Baptist demonstrated the joy to be found in Jesus Christ’s significance and not our own. The questions and answers exchanged with the Samaritan Woman define Living Water, and the rejection of Jesus at Nazareth shows that no opposition or pain can stop Spirit-empowered ministry. Lastly, the fabled encounter between Jesus and Zacchaeus confirms that Jesus has come to seek and save the lost, which makes our hearts respond with exuberant generosity.
1. Jesus Calls the Disciples—Matthew 4:17–22; 9:9–13
2. Nicodemus and the New Birth—John 3:1–21
3. Jesus and John the Baptist—John 3:22–36
4. Jesus and the Samaritan Woman—John 4:1–42
5. Jesus Rejected at Nazareth—Luke 4:14–30
6. Jesus and Zacchaeus—Luke 19:1–10
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Group leader helps
• Application of key theological tenets
• Individual study with emphasis in discipleship
• Historical background that creates greater context for spiritual growth
• Biblical truth that’s reliable
• Provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation
• Gain a theological understanding of repentance, humility, and joy.
• Realize God’s acceptance and provision for us to be saved.
• See that God is in control, now and forever.
• Learn that God’s desire is that we will be renewed and reconciled with Him through Jesus Christ.