The Spirit Who Empowers Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, applicable Scripture, and individual study created for personal discipleship.
Just before Jesus’ ascension He instructed His followers to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit, Who would empower them. Soon after, the disciples began proclaiming Jesus as Lord and Savior. They did miracles in His name and declared the gospel with confidence. They and all the followers of Christ gave freely to all in need. They witnessed to others and welcomed believers into God’s family regardless of their ethnicity. They faced persecution and death. Truly they had been empowered.
1. The Spirit Comes—Acts 2:1-4; 22-27
2. Spirit-empowered Ministry in Jesus' Name—Acts 3:1-10; 4:5-31
3. The Spirit of Truth and Generosity—Acts 4:32-37; 5:1-11
4. A Spirit-empowered testimony unto Death—Acts 6:8-15; 7:44-60
5. A Spirit-empowered Evangelist—Acts 8:26-40
6. A Spirit-empowered Message for All—Acts 10:1-16; 34-48
• Individual study with emphasis in discipleship
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Group leader helps
• Application of key theological tenets
• Historical background that creates greater context for spiritual growth
• Biblical truth that’s reliable
• Provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation
• Recognize the Holy Spirit’s power to change, renew, and reconcile us with God.
• Gain a great theological understanding that can encourage witnessing to the lost.
• Learn how the Holy Spirit witnesses to the truth.
• See that God is active and in control, now and forever.