Work is core to our lives. And the gospel is core to our faith. In this Bible study, author and executive coach Stephen Graves introduces a fresh framework that explores not only how the gospel
should shape our work but also how it
Too often taking our faith into the workplace amounts to evangelism or moral responsibility. Although there is certainly nothing wrong with either practice, this study takes us further into our faith in such a way that we embody the gospel as a part of our work, office, home, or anywhere work may take us.
This study employs a Four-Act Gospel: Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Renewal. Using this approach, we can be in the business of both helping individuals know Jesus and contributing to God’s mission of renewing the world. Applying the Four-Act Gospel to our work is captured in the Baseline (the lowest-common-denominator application of the gospel that is relevant to all workers) and the Blue Sky (individualized applications of the gospel to each person’s particular wiring and particular organizations). This framework helps us understand the reach, power, and intent of the gospel’s going to work. These are revolutionary insights, even for veterans of the faith.
This Bible-study experience includes free downloadable panel discussions and “The Gospel Goes to Work” podcast series. These tools allow groups to participate from practically anywhere and in any way they like, whether in a restaurant, in a coffee shop, in a classroom, or even via email or mobile technology.
The Gospel Goes to Work Bible Study Book includes exercises and discussion for individuals and groups, along with links to free video downloads and additional enrichment tools.
1. The Gospel and Work
2. What Should We Do? Lessons from John the Baptist
3. Individual Baseline: David’s Personal Calling
4. Individual Blue Sky: Take the Armor
5. Organizational Baseline: Character Within the Context of Calling
6. Organizational Blue Sky: Aligning Personal and Public Expressions of Faith
• Free downloadable videos with author Stephen Graves and a host of contributors from all walks of working life
• Additional enrichment content and exercises available as free downloads
• Short, daily readings for ongoing spiritual growth
• “The Gospel Goes to Work” supplemental podcast
Bible Study Book with group- and personal-study components
• Push beyond Christian values and personal evangelism as the only ways of taking the gospel to work, and learn new ways to completely embody the gospel in your work.
• Get beyond the minimum expressions of your faith at work to see more clearly the ways work itself is a service to God.
• Become better acquainted with the minimal biblical expectations of all believers in the workplace.
• Discover unique gospel applications for your particular organization or workplace.
• Learn how the rigors of the workday keep your faith strong and vibrant.
• Incorporate the power of the gospel more effectively into the details of your everyday life.