The Church and the Racial Divide Leader Kit includes a
Bible Study Book and one DVD with six 15- to 20-minute video teaching sessions featuring several contributors, including author Trevor Atwood. The
Kit also includes codes for access to digital video downloads and additional resources available through Wordsearch Bible.
In light of racial tension in America, many Christian leaders are talking earnestly about racial reconciliation. Many pastors and lay leaders look at the growing tensions in our churches and wonder how they can be a healing force in our culture. The problem is they don’t know where to begin. The average evangelical Christian may not understand why racial reconciliation is a gospel imperative. The average pastor may not know how to pursue it.
This resource features video teaching from key leaders discussing race, culture, and the gospel. Using these evangelical voices and Bible study, participants will learn about racial reconciliation and be equipped to be part of the solution.
1. Imago Dei
2. God’s Heart for All People
3. Breaking Down the Walls
4. Pursuing Gospel Relationships
5. Race and Culture
6. Where Do We Go from Here?
Bible Study Book
• One DVD with six 15- to 20-minute video sessions
• Code for access to digital video downloads
• Code for access to additional leader resources available from Wordsearch Bible online platform
• Videos featuring various contributors, including: Dan Darling, Walter Strickland, Trillia Newbell, Juan Sanchez, Russell Moore, and Trevor Atwood
• Six small-group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Promotional video
• Social media assets for the group leader
• Digital options, such as eBooks or videos, that are available as a bundle or individually for rent or purchase
• Understand how the gospel of Jesus Christ applies to racial tension, differences, and reconciliation.
• Develop sensitivity for people of different backgrounds.
• Resist apathy and move past fearfulness on an important issue.
• Appreciate the culture and background of all brothers and sisters in Christ.
• Understand race as an important topic that should be explored as a normal part of a practicing disciple's life.
• See God’s vision of a people from every nation, tribe, and language.
• Learn to minister across ethnic and cultural lines.