Rachel & Leah: What Two Sisters Teach Us about Combating Comparison
Individual Use Video Bundle
(for group viewing)
by Nicki Koziarz includes all six individual, downloadable video sessions for individual use
Over 6 sessions, Nicki Koziarz will help you uncover truths you need to arm yourself with when combatting comparison by studying the biblical account of Rachel & Leah. Learn to be content without becoming complacent, and discover godly wisdom to quiet the incessant
question in your head. Develop greater awareness of your insecurities, and learn to stop the lies in their tracks. Because the truth will set you free, and free women don’t have to measure up to anyone. Not even her.
- Session 1 (7:54)—Nicki introduces this study on Rachel and Leah by pointing out that all women struggle with comparison and that quiet question of "Why her?" She shares the first of six truths to help deal with the struggle: You need to be honest.
- Session 2 (6:20)—Too often we see what we want to see, rather than seeing the truth for what it is. Nicki cautions us to see things as they really are in this comparison struggle. She reminds us that we have an enemy who wants to deceive us and keep us from all God wants us to be.
- Session 3 (7:37)—Nicki shares the truth that you don't always have to be OK, especially in those times of difficulty or suffering we all face. But she also encourages us to trust in the One who loves us and is working everything out according to His will.
- Session 4 (6:30)—In the comparison struggle, we tend to heap blame upon ourselves. However, Nicki reminds us in Session 4 that sometimes when we find ourselves in a mess, it wasn't our fault. It just is what it is. And that we need to remember that though we may not be able to see what's ahead, God is continually guiding our steps.
- Session 5 (7:23)—How easy it is to look at someone's victory and see it as our defeat. But in this session, Nicki shares the fifth truth: Her gain is not your loss. She will challenge us, especially in the midst of our comparison struggles, to rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep.
- Session 6 (7:04)—Nicki shares the final truth: Let the success of others encourage, not discourage you. She encourages us to remember that those who are successful didn't get there overnight, and who knows what else in going on in their lives. And while they can be good role models for us, we need to be careful not to idolize them.
If you need videos to show in a small group study, we suggest purchasing the Group Use Video Bundle, if available. Individual Use video downloads are only meant to be used by the person who purchased them. These individual use videos cannot be copied or shared.