The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Many women know Psalm 23 by heart but haven't experienced its power in their lives. This beloved psalm can breathe new life into women who are weary and unsure of their next steps. It's more than a psalm that comforts in death; it gives confidence in life.
In this 7-session study by Jennifer Rothschild, gain fresh insight and encouragement from Psalm 23. Explore the depths of God's compassionate care while debunking the self-reliance myth. Learn how your vulnerability is not a liability because you can trust the Shepherd's goodness throughout each season of life.
Leader Kit Includes:
- One Bible study book with personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions and leader helps to lead discussion within small groups
- 2 DVDs with enriching teaching videos, approximately 25-30 minutes per session
- Card with 3 additional digital downloads of teaching videos, Wordsearch digital library, and extra leader resources
- Explore the depths of God’s compassionate care.
- Trade the myth of self-reliance for the truth of God’s providence.
- Learn to view your vulnerability as a strength essential to relying on God.
- Banish fear as you trust the Shepherd’s goodness in every season of life.
- Session 1: Your Shepherd is With You (27:20)—Jennifer introduces us to Psalm 23, a spiritual lullaby that reminds us that we are sheep who need the love, provision and protection of our Shepherd.
- Session 2: Your Shepherd’s Got Your Back (30:34)—In Session 2, the focus is on verse 1 of Psalm 23, where we learn that our Shepherd meets all of our needs. He not only cares about us as His sheep, He cares for us.
- Session 3: Your Shepherd Gives You Rest (25:35)—The teaching in Session 3 highlights the truth found in verse 2, that when we position ourselves under the Shepherd's authority, we are able to truly rest.
- Session 4: Your Shepherd Guides Your Path (25:36)—Being on the right path with the right attitude is the focus of the Session 4 teaching. Jennifer reminds us we get on the path by grace with the destination being God's glory.
- Session 5: Your Shepherd is By Your Side (31:14)—Session 5 video takes us into that dreaded dark valley. Jennifer points out three different kinds of valleys we walk through, and how we are able to walk through them because our Shepherd is with us.
- Session 6: Your Shepherd Calls You His (27:07)—In Session 6, the Shepherd becomes our host as we feast at His table. Jennifer uses the story of David and Mephibosheth to show us how God longs to be with us and honor us.
- Session 7: Your Shepherd Brings You Home (32:08)—"The house of the Lord" is our theme for this final session. Jennifer emphasizes that the goodness and mercy of God follows us all the days of our lives as we enjoy His presence here and then ultimately make our home with Him in heaven.