Pray like This Bible Study Book includes six small-group sessions, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and personal-study content and activities for five days of study each week.
Prayer is the most dynamic discipline in the life of a believer. Yet it may be the most misunderstood and the least taught. This six-session study shows believers that following Jesus’ Model Prayer will lead them to fall more in love with God and grow in their desire to engage in conversation with Him. Impactful, inspiring video sessions introduced by Pastor Steve Gaines include interview segments with proven leaders: J. D. Greear, Robby Gallaty, Ronnie Floyd, Kelly Minter, Ken Hemphill, Lisa Harper, Ed Litton, H. B. Charles, Michael Kelley, and more.
In this study you’ll see the significance of starting your prayers by acknowledging God as Father. You’ll learn what it means for His name to be recognized as holy. You’ll discover what you’re asking God to do when you pray for His kingdom to come and His will to be done. You’ll see what Jesus meant when He told us to ask God for daily bread. You’ll understand the importance of asking for forgiveness in your prayers. The study ends by emphasizing the need to ask God to deliver us from the evil one.
1. Our Father in Heaven
2. Your Name Be Honored as Holy
3. Your Kingdom Come, Your Will Be Done, on Earth as It Is in Heaven
4. Give Us Today Our Daily Bread
5. And Forgive Us Our Debts, as We Also Have Forgiven Our Debtors
6. And Do Not Bring Us into Temptation, but Deliver Us from the Evil One
• Six small-group sessions that walk participants through Jesus’ Model Prayer
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Understand how seeing God as Father affects your prayer life.
• Grasp the significance of God’s invitation to call on His holy name.
• Learn how a prayerful posture leads to an understanding of God’s will.
• Develop spiritual maturity and a knowledge of God’s kingdom through prayer.
• See the role Scripture plays in an effective prayer life.
• Develop greater dependence on God by recognizing that He provides all your daily needs.
• Discover the path to knowing God more intimately through prayer.
• Learn how to wage spiritual warfare through prayer.