The Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - Video Rent Sessions by Beth Moore are 11 individual, rent sessions. Don't miss any of the sessions of this in-depth study of the historical figures of the Old Testament patriarchs. Explore concepts such as blessing, covenant, and promise, and the bearing each has on a New Testament believer's life today. Rent any one or more of these segments for personal review or for times you can't be at the group Bible study sessions.
- Session Introduction: In the introductory session, Beth welcomes participants to the study and works through the genealogy of Abraham, our spiritual ancestor (54:00).
- Session 1: Leave Your Country. Beth discusses the call of Abram. Wherever we are is not where God wants us to stay. We learn to move on with God and not stay in our Ur (usual routine). God never takes us from something without taking us to something (54:00).
- Session 2: The Approaching and Approachable God. Beth explores Scripture that (1) explains the difference between being children of God and being friends of God and (2) assures participants of God's patience and grace (54:00).
- Session 3: Triumphs and Tests. Beth looks at Genesis 22, a chapter that carries the most critical implications in the entire patriarch story (53:00).
- Session 4: Eyes on Isaac. God plays out divine destiny through ordeals and occurrences that could not seem more humanly orchestrated. Some conflicts die while others sleep only to be awakened like an angry giant (60:00).
- Session 5: The Heel Grabber. Discover how God uses randomly chosen places as His divinely scheduled venues for an awesome encounter with Him. We can unknowingly flee into the very house of God (60:00).
- Session 6: For the Love of Jacob. Beth looks at the reunion of Jacob and Esau. When we dread facing something or someone, what we need most is to honestly face God (56:00).
- Session 7: God of the House. Beth looks at the life of Joseph and how long before his brothers bow to him Joseph learns to bow to the sovereign will and often difficult way of God (55:00).
- Session 8: Dreams and Disappointments. Beth looks at how a dream got Joseph into trouble and how God used a dream to get him out. The God of all gods really was in Egypt, and Joseph knew Him personally (58:00).
- Session 9: A Fragile Band of Brothers. Beth shows how we have multiple chances to relate with Joseph. We may have been betrayed by family, experienced unfairness of many kinds, and experienced power to get back at someone who hurt us (57:00).
- Session 10: Epic Endings to the Beginning. Beth makes five points to explain how God wants us to grasp how He ties things together (58:00).
?This video session will expire 2 weeks after the date of purchase.