Nehemiah: A Heart That Can Break Video Rent Sessions (for individual viewing) by Kelly Minter are 7 individual, rent video sessions from the women's Bible study. Nehemiah's heart was so broken for those in need that he left the comfort of his Persian palace to help them. Like Kelly's other studies in the Living Room Series, you'll find authentic Bible teaching, recipes, and a relational approach.
This digital video rent session will expire 2 weeks after the date of purchase.
- Session 1: In this opening session Kelly introduces Nehemiah, along with some history and background about how she began studying this book. The key message to this study is that Nehemiah had a heart that could break for the people. This session ends with an interview with Gloria Santos, who works with Ray of Hope in the Amazon. (22:10)
- Session 2: The message of sacrifice and giving in this study is not just for other people, it is for us. Kelly reminds us that it is God's kindness that leads us to repentance and leads us to love others better. This session interview introduces Kelly's sister Katie and highlights what she learned from her trip to the Amazon. (20:24)
- Session 3: Nehemiah led the effort to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem so that his people would not be in disgrace. Only God can take away our disgrace, but we can be Christ's ambassadors and ministers of reconciliation to a hurting world around us. This session concludes with an interview with Kelly's family about serving together. (20:07)
- Session 4: This session explores the sacrifices Nehemiah made for this project. He identified with the people and made him the better because of it. The Lord taught Kelly this in her life as well; it is a blessing to empty yourself and identify with those in need. Kelly also interviews Pastor John and his wife Maria from the Amazon. (21:31)
- Session 5: An important part of the story of Nehemiah is the reading of the Book of Law to the people. In this session Kelly discusses this momentous occasion as well as how valuable the Word of God is in our own lives. The session concludes with an interview with Kelly's friend Carissa who just adopted a baby girl from China. (19:23)
- Session 6: Prayer plays such an important role in the Book of Nehemiah. That topic is covered as well as how as Christians we can sometimes live as slaves in the land God has given us. Kelly also interviews Linda Lethers from the Next Door ministry. (18:21)
- Session 7: In this closing session, Kelly takes us on a final journey to Jerusalem. She reminds us of the promise in Revelation that points to a new Jerusalem that God will build with no tears and no poverty. (13:37)