Jesus the One and Only - Video Rent Sessions (for individual viewing) by Beth Moore are 11 individual, rent sessions for the women's Bible study of the life of Jesus based on the book of Luke. Get to know Jesus intimately ... as though you had walked with Him during His days of earthly ministry. Rent any one or more of these segments for personal review or for times you can't be at the group Bible study sessions.
- Session Introduction: In this session Beth introduces the Bible study of the life of Jesus based on the book of Luke and filmed on location in Israel. Beth discusses what happened between the prophecy of Malachi in the Old Testament and Jesus' arrival on earth and explains how the famine of God's Word during the inter-testament era led to a hunger only Jesus could fill (70:00).
- Session 1: The Word Made Flesh. Beth explains the events of Matthew 1:18-25, making a timeline from the angel Gabriel's visit to announce the birth of Jesus to Herod's death, when Mary and Joseph could return from their escape to Egypt (58:29).
- Session 2: The Son of God. Beth explores John the Baptist's preparation for Christ's ministry and the statements that Jesus made by being baptized (55:22).
- Session 3: The Way and Life. Beth looks at the time after appointing His twelve disciples, when Jesus gave the Sermon on the Mount, introducing them to the ways of His divine Kingdom (55:44).
- Session 4: The Esteem of Man. Beth explores how Jesus calls us to do His work and the cost of following Him. Jesus did not limit His ministry to the religious communities. When Christ summons us to the "other side," He wants to show us the deep (54:48).
- Session 5: The Christ of God. Beth discusses how the study of this phenomenal event can be applied to our own walks with Him (57:03).
- Session 6: The Necessity. Beth explores the question of how we should pray through a line-by-line exposition of the Lord's Prayer, as found in Luke 11. We will never be prayer experts, but we can look towards a goal of knowing God better by asking the same request as the disciples, "Lord, teach us to pray" (54:32).
- Session 7: The Infinite Treasure. Beth looks at how we often focus on Christ's meekness and righteousness and determine that He is not passionate—but this is far from true (52:32).
- Session 8: The Answer, Beth examines Jesus' action on the Mount of Olives, right before Judas betrayed Him. In total submission to the Father, we still see Jesus struggling immensely, true to His nature of "God-man" (56:00).
- Session 9: The Lamb of God. Beth examines the death and the resurrection of Jesus. Without both, people might remember Jesus as a good man, but would still be lost (57:00).
- Session 10: The Risen Hope, Beth explains the wonderful magnitude of those instructions and blessings (59:00).
?This video session expires 2 weeks after the date of purchase.