God of Creation: A Study of Genesis 1-11
Video Sessions - BUY (for individual viewing)
by Jen Wilkin are ten individual, downloadable video sessions for individual use. These video sessions are available to purchase individually or as a bundle.
Over ten sessions, this study seeks to teach us some of the most foundational truths about God.
- Session One: Introduction (37:34)—Introducing Genesis as the seed plot for the rest of the Bible and the history of Hebrew people, Jen reminds us that we can only truly know God, and consequently our place in the world, through His Word. Genesis informs our knowledge and worship of God, our awareness of self, and our understanding of the entire Bible.
- Session Two: The God Who Was in the Beginning (40:26)—In the creation account, we are so prone to focus on all that God creates -- the land, animals, and mankind. But, Jen encourages us to instead hone in on the Who of the creation story and allow that growing knowledge of God to inform the way we walk forward in faith and worship in our everyday lives.
- Session Three: Six Days and a Rest (39:30)—Detailing the creation account, Jen describes God's creative nature and the way that He spoke intentional order and form into the world.
- Session Four: Created in the Image of God (36:34)—As God created mankind, male and female, He also orchestrated perfect communion and harmony between man, woman, and God in the Garden of Eden. Jen focuses on God's plan for life and flourishing, examining the beauty of the His design.
- Session Five: Paradise Lost (40:11)—In the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden Jen helps us understand the allure of sin, God's consistent intention to do us good, and the importance of honoring God's holiness.
- Session Six: Cain and Abel (34:46)—In the story of the first murder on earth, we see glimpses of God's faithfulness to call us to repentance. We are also reminded that God looks at our hearts and desires us to worship Him from a pure and glad heart. Jen helps us learn about the nature of sin and reminds us of God's call to care for one another in love.
- Session Seven: Named and Known (44:12)—Tracing the genealogy of God's chosen line, Jen helps us to understand God's intentionality and blessing in those He chooses to use for His kingdom purposes. She also demonstrates how biblical genealogies are to fuel our worship of a God who sees and knows each of us personally.
- Session Eight: The Flood (36:11)—Jen explores the story of Noah and the flood, helping us understand the deeper theological meaning of this familiar story. She demonstrates parallels between the flood and original creation accounts, God's desire for all of mankind to repent and turn to Him, and God's provision and care for Noah and his family during this uncertain time.
- Session Nine: God's Covenant with Noah (36:15)—After the floodwaters recede, we see Noah's first worshipful response to God's provision, God's covenant promise as represented in the rainbow, and the beginnings of earth's new civilization.
- Session Ten: Dispersion and Descent (41:22)—Jen recounts the story and significance of the Tower of Babel, tracing the humans' intent and God's holy response. In this session, we also examine the dispersion of Noah's descendants and where we see traces of their heritage in our world today.
Individual Use video downloads are only meant to be used by the person who purchased them. These individual use videos
cannot be copied or shared
. If you need videos to show in a small group study, we suggest purchasing the Leader Kit separately or purchasing the
Video Group Use Buy Bundle
, if available.