God of Covenant: A Study of Genesis 12-50 –
- RENT (for individual viewing)
by Jen Wilkin includes all ten individual, rental video sessions for individual use. These video sessions are available to rent individually or as a bundle.
Over ten sessions, this study seeks to teach us some of the most foundational truths about God.
The individual use video rental bundle will expire 6 months after the date of purchase.
The individual use video rent sessions will expire 2 weeks after the date of purchase.
- Session 1: Introduction (36:41)—Jen introduces the Book of Genesis. As the seed plot of the Bible, becoming familiar with this book can help us as we study the rest of Scripture. Jen also dives into the importance of studying God's Word with our minds as well as our hearts.
- Session 2: Calling and Covenant (45:10)—Jen walks through Genesis 12 through Genesis 16. We are introduced to Abraham and his calling to walk by faith to a new place. We also learn of the covenant of God with Abraham, to make him into a great nation, God's people.
- Session Three: God Visits (45:10)—This session begins the answer to the question, "Is anything too hard for the LORD?" We see God begin to answer that question as He cements the covenant through the physical sign of circumcision among His people. Sodom and Gomorrah are destroyed. Sarah and Abraham are given new names and a specific promise—a son, Isaac.
- Session Four: The Long-Awaited Son (41:43)—In this session, we study the rest of Abraham's life, as Isaac is born and as Abraham's faith is tested and proved with the request to sacrifice Isaac. Finally, Abraham, the father of our faith, dies, still trusting in God to fulfill His every promise.
- Session Five: Sibling Rivalry (41:38)—We see the rivalry between Jacob and Esau, learning through their story about favoritism, deception, reaping what we sow. We also learn how God sees us—in the midst of our sin, in the midst of our joy, and in the midst of our hardships.
- Session Six: Exile and Reconciliation (45:25)—As Jen walks through Genesis 29−33, we study the story of how the patriarch Jacob meets his wife Rachel and the subsequent turmoil that comes from Laban's deceit in the wedding to Leah. We also discuss the story of Jacob wrestling with the angel and the blessing of God's redemptive power in our lives to give us new names and new futures in Him.
- Session Seven: Trouble at Shechem (33:51)—In Genesis 34−36, we find the chilling story of the rape of Dinah and the ensuing conflict. We also discuss the story of Judah and Tamar, highlighting the cultural disparity that often confronted women in this time. Jen continues to trace the thread of hope for God's people despite seemingly devastating circumstances.
- Session Eight: Joseph in Egypt (47:04)—In Genesis 37−41, we begin to study the story of Joseph, his place in Jacob's family, his slavery and later imprisonment, and his rise to power in Egypt. Jen helps us see the familiar story of Joseph in a new light, focusing on how many of Joseph's circumstances point us to the redemption that will come in the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
- Session Nine: Joseph Over Egypt (43:17)—As we witness the reunion between Jacob's children and the tearful meeting between Jacob and Joseph in Genesis 42−47, we also answer the question many of those who read the early Bible texts would have been asking: "How did the children of Israel end up in Egypt?"
- Session Ten: The Deaths of Jacob and Joseph (46:28)—Having settled in Egypt under the shelter of Joseph's authority, Jacob and his sons flourished. In Genesis 48−50, we hear Jacob's final words and witness his prophecies over each of his sons, tracing the path those words will take in Israel's future.
Individual Use video rentals are only meant to be used by the person who purchased them. These individual use videos
cannot be copied or shared
. If you need videos to show in a small group study, we suggest purchasing the Leader Kit separately or purchasing the
Video Group Use Buy Bundle
, if available.