Explore the Bible: Students Leader Guide - NIV
gives leaders clear direction and support in leading a group of students through each session.
The Spring 2018 study focuses on 1-2 Corinthians, two letters Paul wrote to a troubled yet grace-filled church. In these letters we see how the gospel, the good news of Christ’s sacrificial death and life-giving resurrection, changes everything for students who believe. As Paul brings correction to a church that had significant problems with things like division, sexual immorality, and pride, he always keeps the focus on the gospel. Through this letter Students will be challenged to see how the gospel speaks to every area of our lives. We will see how the gospel of new life in Christ changes the way we think about issues that are particularly relevant to students such as singleness, sex, success, money, and suffering.
Students will also be challenged value and participate actively in the local church. They will be asked to carefully consider how God has gifted them spiritually to glorify Him and serve in their churches. Finally, we will consider how Paul went about ministering and writing to a very prideful church. In so doing, we will be challenged to stop relying on ourselves as we try to live for Christ. Like Paul, students will learn to acknowledge their weaknesses so that they might lean on the strength that God provides as they seek to live on mission for Him.
- Explore the Bible now gives leaders 3 ways to begin their study.
- 2 Explore Options – optional group activities or visual illustrations that introduce each week’s Central Truth.
- Talk it Out questions – easy-to-discuss questions which draw students out and introduce Central Truth of each session.
- Discipleship Moments – we know that there is more to discipleship than studying the Bible, therefore each session now includes a challenge to leaders to share about their personal discipleship with their students.
- All questions are numbered in order to help leaders guide their students as they follow along in their Personal Study Guides.
- Streamlined Bible Commentary – each session provides commentary aimed at helping leaders better understand the Bible passages they are teaching. We’ve included more verse headings to make the commentary easier to use.
- 13 studies covering 1-2 Corinthians
- An easy-to-follow plan to facilitate group study and discussion
- Context notes that answer important questions and help leaders and students understand the Bible in context.
Great for Sunday School classes and small groups.
Purchase one per leader.
Also consider the Explore the Bible: Students Personal Study Guide, and Personal Leader Guide App for iOS and Android devices.