Explore the Bible: Matthew: The Life of a Disciple Bible Study Book is a six-session study that will help you and your group members understand the identity, provision, requirements, and promises of Jesus our Savior and His grace to us.
During the two years the disciples had been with Jesus, they had overheard many rumors, speculations, and questions from the thousands who had seen Him. Virtually all of the people assumed He was a prophetic forerunner to the Messiah rather than the Messiah Himself. But the symbolism of Jesus’ sacrificial provision was unmistakable. This study explains and proclaims the identity, provision, requirements, and promise of Jesus our Savior and His grace to us.
Jesus is the promised Messiah and the only Son of God. His redemptive purpose is realized through the church. Jesus demands obedience borne of our confession of Him as Savior and Lord. Sin causes separation from the Holy God, but Jesus’ sacrifice removes that separation, making it possible for humans to have an eternal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
1. Who Is Jesus? (Matthew 16:13–28)
2. What Is Required? (Matthew 19:16–26)
3. What if I Reject Jesus? (Matthew 21:1–11)
4. How Do I Remember? (Matthew 26:17–30)
5. Do I Have the Strength? (Matthew 26:36–46)
6. What Do I Do Now? (Matthew 28:16–20)
• Biblically rooted, gospel-centered content
• Verse-by-verse approach to Bible study
• Leader material (tips for leading a group and suggestions for guiding six group sessions)
• Text-driven, streamlined experience with God’s Word
• Solidifies believers’ understanding of Jesus’ true identity as the promised Messiah and the Son of God
• Inspires commitment and obedience to Jesus as Savior and Lord
• Clarifies the meaning of Jesus’ sacrifice for our sin
• Demonstrates that the Lord keeps His promises
• Teaches that Jesus is the one sacrifice that makes us wholly acceptable to the Father
• Shows how God fulfills His part of covenants with His people
• Reminds believers that obedience and victory require trust
• Sensitizes believers to recognize false claims about Jesus in the world today
• Includes provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation