Explore the Bible: Galatians Bible Study Book is a six-session study that examines Paul’s letter to the churches in Galatia, which exposes the fallacy of the gospel of grace-plus-law and provides solid biblical evidence for salvation by grace alone.
Handwritten letters stand out in a stack of mail. Most likely you skip the junk mail and go directly to the personalized pieces. First-century Christians probably experienced a similar thrill when personal communications came their way. The spread of the gospel, in large part, was tied to these letters. These church plants needed Christian instruction, and the letters proved helpful. One of those earliest letters was from Paul to the Galatians.
This six-session Bible study will serve your group in a variety of ways. It highlights the freedom we have in Christ and the importance of guarding against false teaching with adherence to the truth of the gospel. It explores the life-changing effect of the gospel, which looses believers from the grip of legalism and inspires us to live in Christ. Your group will also learn that life in the Spirit far outpaces life in the flesh and enhances relationships with God and other people.
1. True Gospel (Galatians 1:1-10)
2. True Grace (Galatians 2:11-21)
3. True Life (Galatians 3:1-14)
4. True Heirs (Galatians 3:23-29; 4:1-7)
5. True Fruit (Galatians 5:13-26)
6. True Compassion (Galatians 6:1-10,14-15)
• Biblically rooted content
• Verse-by-verse approach to Bible study
• Leader material (tips for leading a group and suggestions for guiding six group sessions)
• Text-driven, streamlined experience with God’s Word
• Understand why believers must faithfully hold to the only true gospel message—Jesus crucified and resurrected.
• Recognize that faith in Jesus frees believers from the law and positions them to receive God’s blessing as heirs.
• Learn why godly character gives evidence of a person’s salvation.
• Realize that believers must rely on the Holy Spirit daily to live Christ-honoring lives.
• And much more.