Explore the Bible: 1 Corinthians Bible Study Book is a six-session study that will give you and your group members a better understanding of the early church and its history.
Welcome to the church at Corinth. Disunity threatened to tear it apart. Destructive and harmful actions were taking place during worship. People were confused about spiritual gifts, with some members claiming their gifts proved their spiritual superiority. A church member was engaging in immoral practices—the kind of immorality that was not even tolerated among unbelievers—while the church tolerated it. If you’re the apostle Paul, what do you say to such a church? Like a father, he sternly corrected them. But first he reminded them of who they were in Christ and who Christ is. He called them back to the gospel. Therein lies the answer to the moral, relational, and theological problems that plagued the Corinthian church. The same answer is relevant for any church facing similar challenges today.
• Biblically rooted content
• Verse-by-verse approach to Bible study
• Leader material (tips for leading a group and suggestions for guiding six group sessions)
• Text-driven, streamlined experience with God’s Word
• Recognize ways a church’s unity and witness are threatened when God’s people choose to live in sin.
• Increase your doctrinal understanding of the significant crises faced by the church in Corinth.
• Realize that Jesus is the Head of the church and that members are called to live under His authority.
• Learn ways Paul’s counsel for the church in Corinth applies to the body of Christ today.
• Rekindle your passion for the mission of the church.