Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy - Leader Kit by Beth Moore helps a leader facilitate this women's Bible study of Daniel and contains all that is needed to conduct the 12 weeks of small group time. Join Beth in a faith-building study of prophecy and learn how to live with integrity in today's self-absorbed society. The prophet Daniel faced unbelievable pressures to compromise his faith, to live in a hostile culture, and to confront temptations and threats. Today, believers in Jesus Christ face many of the same trials.
This Old Testament Bible study falls in two parts and can be used as one (12 session) study or two separate (6 session) studies. The first portion, from Daniel chapters 1-6, deals with Daniel's life as he faced the kind of pressures and temptations Christians encounter today. Daniel models how to develop enduring integrity in an enticing world. The second portion, chapters 7-12, explores thrilling prophecies from the time of Daniel through the second coming of Jesus Christ.
The Leader Kit includes:
- One Bible study book with personal study segments to complete between 12 weeks of group sessions and leader guide to lead discussion within small groups
- 6 DVDs with essential teaching videos, approximately 60 minutes per sessiom
- Card with 3 additional digital downloads of teaching videos, Wordsearch digital library, and extra leader resources
- Session 1: Choices to Make (65:00)—Beth discusses how surrounded by our own Babylon, modern believers face a choice. Will we influence or be influenced by it?
- Session 2: A Dream and a Kingdom (57:00)—Beth discusses some of the parallels between ancient Babylon and the western culture that seeks to hold us captive.
- Session 3: No Smell of Fire (66:00)—Beth discusses how just as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were called on to take a stand for God, a time comes for each believer to step up.
- Session 4: Farewell Lessons from Nebuchadnezzar (60:00)—Beth shows us how the example of God's disciplining King Nebuchadnezzar teaches us lessons.
- Session 5: The Handwriting on the Wall (55:00)—Beth discusses that vessels can be consecrated or set aside as holy for God's use. We, too, are holy vessels in the house of the Lord.
- Session 6: In the Lions' Den (60:00) —Beth discusses that in an emergency we can either panic, become paralyzed, or pray.
- Session 7: The Ancient of Days (58:00)—Beth looks at the dream in Daniel 7:1-14 that involves Daniel, the little horn, the Ancient of Days, and one like the son of man.
- Session 8: Foreshadowing the Little Horn (58:00)—Beth shows how the prophecy in Daniel chapter 8 includes both what is now past history and Israel's future experiences under Antichrist.
- Session 9: Unexpected Answers to Prayer (62:00)—Beth discusses that every covenant promise that God has made to Israel will find its full completion in the six-stage fulfillment in Daniel 9—to to bring the rebellion to an end, to put a stop to sin, to wipe away injustice, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place.
- Session 10: Speechless (60:00)—Beth shows how God allowed His messenger to Daniel to be detained for 21 days because He was allowing the drama to play itself out. God is always the One fighting the battle, but sometimes He chooses to do it through believers.
- Session 11: Kings in Succession (60:00)—Beth discusses Daniel's reference to an evil ruler that causes the ceasing of the daily sacrifice. In today's terms, the New Testament calls for a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). In this study Beth shares that we must be adamant about not being corrupted by the Babylon kind of culture that surrounds us, but rather, we must learn how to serve and how to pour out our lives out there without being corrupted by it.
- Session 12: Go Your Way (62:00)—Beth concludes the study in the last chapter of the Book of Daniel. God's final assurances to Daniel are fitting assurances to us as well.