Creating a Discipleship Pathway outlines the eight disciplines or “signposts” that believers exhibit in an ever-increasing way as they walk with Jesus.
When the Bible describes how we interact with Jesus, it never talks about a “personal relationship with Christ.” Sure, the ideas are there, but often we simply find the word "walk.”
On most pathways, there is a clearly delineated route to walk. There are markers of progress; there is a sureness of direction. At any time, we know where we are and how far we’ve got to go. But the pathway of discipleship is less linear.
• What should the discipleship pathway look like?
• What are its characteristics?
• Does discipleship look the same for everyone regardless of age, race, gender, or educational background?
• Does discipleship look the same in every church?
The intent of this small book is to help answer those questions. But it will also help you clearly and simply articulate a vision for a pathway of discipleship for the people in your church or group. In the end, by God’s grace, this resource will help do more than just articulate a discipleship pathway—it will provide firm footing to walk on it.
• A new way to think about the process of discipleship
• Helpful descriptions of the Discipleship Pathway’s eight signposts
• Four steps to take to get your group or church on a pathway of discipleship
• Inspire your group or church to enter, or get back on, the Discipleship Pathway.
• Discover the three key characteristics of the Discipleship Pathway.
• Avoid the two ditches on either side of the Discipleship Pathway.