Christ-Centered Parenting: Gospel Conversations on Complex Cultural Issues – Video Sessions (for individual viewing)
by Russell Moore, Phillip Bethancourt, and panelists are six individual, downloadable sessions. Over six sessions, this study seeks to equip parents, families, churches, and ministry leaders to be conversant in the cultural issues our kids of all ages from preschool through young adults face today.
- Session 1 – Gospel Framework – How does the Gospel connect to parenting and our culture? Understand Scripture as truths of grace, promise, and assurance for yourself and your children. Ground your beliefs in the Gospel and hope, not performance or something you earn. (28:55)
- Session 2 – Human Dignity - What does it mean to be human? What does it mean to respect and honor others because they are made in God’s image? Parents have the privilege of setting a climate in their home for how to treat and love others. From the time they are small children through the young adult years parents can influence how their kids see themselves and others. (33:45)
- Session 3 – Identity – Who am I? This session looks into this timeless question that everyone faces. Kids want to know where they fit in with their friends and the culture. Parents want to be on the front end of helping shape their kids and guiding them through with a biblical response. (28:20)
- Session 4 - Sexuality – Talking about sexuality with children has always been tough. The most important thing is being one step ahead of the culture with your kids. If your kids are asking questions, they are hearing something from somewhere and don’t need to be shamed for asking. Know the dynamics in your house and be ready to talk about anything with your kids. (30:55)
- Session 5 – Relationships – How do we model a biblical view of marriage and singleness with our kids? How do you navigate issues such as divorce, loneliness, dating, and other challenges with relationships? Our goal is to help our kids learn to love others and serve them in a proactive way regardless of the challenges. (35:50)
- Session 6 – Technology – This session looks at the benefits and dangers of technology. Today’s families deal with all kinds of issues related to technology that the generations before us never had to face. Intentionality and awareness with technology starts with parents as they model for the children healthy boundaries. (31:20)