Children of the Day Video Session Bundle (for group viewing) by Beth Moore are all 9 individual, downloadable sessions (plus one bonus video). This is a verse-by-verse study of 1 and 2 Thessalonians.
"You are children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." 1 Thessalonians 5:5
- Session 1: Background of 1 & 2 Thessalonians. In this session Beth Moore introductions the study and the background on 1 & 2 Thessalonians. She gives the context on Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy and the people of Thessalonica during that time period of the early church and how these letters influenced early believers. (59 minutes)
- Session 2: The Lord's Message Rang Out. This session looks at "We, You, They" - 3 different places in which women find themselves as they learn to walk and grow with the Lord. This session challenges women to think about how they have been entrusted with the Gospel and to whom they share it. (60 minutes)
- Session 3: Entrusted with the Gospel. This session draws from 1 Thessalonians 2:7-12 as women look at the makings of a healthy child in the family of God when whole parenting takes place. (60 minutes)
- Session 4: Destined for This. This sessions digs deeper into 1 Thessalonians 3 looking at the joys and sorrows of investing in the lives of others and loving them as God would desire in the midst of challenges and difficulties. (58 minutes)
- Session 5: Taught by God. This session halfway through the Children of the Day study focuses on 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8. This counter-culture segment of Scripture centers on sexual ethics. This session also introduces women to a 28-day challenge as part of the study. (64 minutes)
- Session 6: Children of the Light. As women conclude 1 Thessalonians and prepare to move into 2 Thessalonians in the study they will narrow the lens on 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 which is sparse on words but has immense implication and application. This is a rich session honing in on two "do not" statements in these verses related to the Spirit and prophecies. (63 minutes)
- Session 7: Mobilized Ministry. This session moves into 2 Thessalonians as women continue their study. Taken straight from 2 Thessalonians 1 and guides learners into what is to come for believers. (60 minutes)
- Session 8: To Love the Truth. This session looks at what was happening in the present time for the Thessalonians as Paul wrote these letters and what is still happening in our time. The focus is on what will happen before the Day of the Lord and then the consequences of lawlessness upon His return. (59 minutes)
- Session 9: The Lord of Peace. In the final session Beth Moore ties up the journey of this study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians with 2 Thessalonians 3. There is a two-fold request for prayer and benediction from Paul to bring hope and encouragement to the Thessalonian believers and to us. (65 minutes)
- Bonus Session: Priscilla Shirer Interview with Beth Moore and a Message to Leaders. Includes: 4 levels of doing this study, 28-day challenge, and Beth reciting 1 and 2 Thessalonians.