Small Group Life: Kingdom
Innovative and engaging, Small Group Life: Kingdom offers the casual, comfortable feel of a small group dynamic while providing sound Biblical teaching rooted in Scripture.
Innovative and engaging, Small Group Life: Kingdom offers the casual, comfortable feel of a small group dynamic while providing sound Biblical teaching rooted in Scripture. Designed to be provocative and conversational, a sense of community is cultivated where hearts come alive and relationships grow!
About (Episode 5) Kingdom:
Episode 5 of Small Group Life will lead groups in a study of KINGDOM. Kingdom language dominates the Scripture and was the central point of Jesus' teaching. Much of the history, art, and literature that moves our souls likewise centers upon Camelot or Anna and the King. Instead of the Kingdom we long for though, we often find ourselves settling for or trying to navigate the shadow kingdom that surrounds us. While we see hints of what our hearts know should be, this kingdom lacks the substance that Jesus uses to awaken our dreams.
This study begins with a look at Israel's desire for a substitute king - in reality a substitute god. The next scene examines the perfect model of what a king looks like in the eyes of God: Jesus. We begin here in order to highlight the disparity between what we, as God's people, think works as it relates to the order that God has ordained. Scene 3 paints beautiful metaphors using Jesus' words telling us just what the Kingdom is and isn't. Scene 4 is a focus upon our entry point so that one can know how to be a citizen of the Kingdom. As the episode moves toward conclusion, the study centers upon the Kingdom present now among us. The final scene describes the ultimate expression of Kingdom - heaven. Kingdom therefore is a past, present, and future reality in God's plan.
How Small Group Life works:
Each new Episode of Small Group Life is published as a dated study, initially. After the quarter ends, a standard printed version, with the exact same contents, becomes available. Or if you prefer, a downloadable PDF version can be obtained online as well.
Each Study Guide Includes:
- 6 topics per Episode (each having 2 scenes), therefore can be used as a 6 or 12 week study
- Embedded Leader Notes, for seamless guidance
- Leader's Guide that provides more helpful hints
- Scripture Notes in the back of each scene
- Free downloadable videos for each lesson online
- Kids (K-6th grade) are included, too! Free downloadable lessons online
- Family activities & devotional ideas
- Sound Biblical teaching; every lesson rooted in Scripture
- Adherence to LifeWay's adult ministry strategy: Connect, Grow, Serve, Go
Small Group Life Benefits:
- Easy: Leaders can prepare in as little as 5 minutes!
- Streamlined: Each lesson can be completed in less than an hour
- Affordable: Study Guides for each member can cost as little as $14 for an entire year
- Flexible Structure: Meet as often as you like; either every week or less frequently
- Convenient: Purchase a subscription, at retail stores, or download customizable lessons online
- Family Friendly: Kids lessons are included, too, and easy enough for a teenager to lead
- Engaging: Each scene poses provocative questions that stimulate conversation and nurture spiritual growth
- Relevant: Study notes developed by Steve Gladen, small groups pastor for Saddleback Church
Right-click on the link. Select the “Save Target As”, “Save Link As”, or “Download Linked File As” option on the popup menu. Choose a location to save the file, then click the Save button.
Scene 3: Metaphors (HD) (174.366 MB MP4)
Scene 2: The King's Character (HD) (142.238 MB MP4)
Scene 5: Kingdom Now (HD) (189.150 MB MP4)
Scene 6: Paradise Finally! (HD) (187.442 MB MP4)
Scene 4: The King's Subjects (HD) (123.135 MB MP4)
Ministry Manual (9.291 MB PDF)
Bonus! Children's Bible Study (6 PDFs) (2.538 MB ZIP)
Scene 1: Replacement god (HD) (159.591 MB MP4)
LifeWay Christian Resources