SEED - Pack 2
Shirer, Priscilla (Author)
SEED - Pack 2 is a DVD Leader Kit by Priscilla Shirer in a 6-part series of short videos that includes thought-provoking, modern-day parables with weekly Bible study guides. SEED Pack 2 is designed to facilitate three separate small group experiences. Watch the videos included, use the discussion guides together with your group, and go deeper with further study in the Member Book during the week. The homework in the member book is designed around Priscilla's 5 Ps teaching method, helping those who participate to dig deeper into Scripture. Purchase individually or in packets of three with accompanying Member Book that provides 3 weeks of study and corresponds with the DVDs. Homework is in weekly format, not daily. (3 sessions)
Pack 2 Sessions:
- Armor: Many days we live our lives like the Enemy doesn't exist, until something bad happens we can forget that the Enemy has his sights on us. He doesn't want you to pursue the will of God in your life so he will do whatever he can to distract you and stop you. Priscilla speaks about our own spiritual armor and discusses how we can stand firm against the schemes of the Devil. (Run time: 12 minutes)
- Five: The routine of sin in our lives happens more than we would like to admit. At first we may happen upon it by accident, but quickly we fall in to the routine of sinning. This session finds Priscilla speaking of the bad habits we all seem to find ourselves in the middle of. Whether it is our fault or not, often times we keep going back to the same unhealthy cycles over and over again. Paul speaks of the same thing when he says in Romans that, "for that which I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do but am doing the very thing I hate. For the good that I wish, I do not do but I practice the very evil that I do not wish." (Run time: 8 minutes)
- Glory: Do you let God into the details of your life? Why is it easier to see God working in big decisions and broad brushstrokes throughout time rather than intimately involved in the mundane details of our day? God is very aware of the details of your life. He wants to be involved in every little portion of your day. We often get overwhelmed with the big picture of our life and everything that we need to get accomplished. This session helps change our perspective to take our eyes off the year ahead and the worries that come with that, but instead to remember that our life is made up of today and God will take care of the rest. (Run time: 9 minutes)
Homework studies Scripture with the 5 Ps:
- Position yourself to hear from God
- Pore over the passage and Paraphrase the major points
- Pull out the spiritual principles
- Pose the question
- Plan obedience and Pin down a date
- Each video in the SEED series stands alone and covers a specific topic, making this a perfect resource for leaders to choose lessons as they relate to the group.
- Contains DVDs 4-6 (Armor, Five, and Glory) and Member Book 2
- Discussion Guide for Small Group Experience
- Use with accompanying DVDs for short-term fill-in Bible studies, community group resource, or discussion starter at group gatherings.
- Could be used in a mentor/mentee situation for accountability and growth.
- Great for outreach to your friends who don't know God - it raises spiritual questions in an informal atmosphere.
Right-click on the link. Select the “Save Target As”, “Save Link As”, or “Download Linked File As” option on the popup menu. Choose a location to save the file, then click the Save button.
Discussion Guide 5 (0.574 MB PDF)
Discussion Guide 4 (0.571 MB PDF)
Discussion Guide 6 (0.574 MB PDF)
Graphic (0.024 MB JPG)
Web ad 2 (125x125) (0.037 MB JPG)
Web ad 1 (125x125) (0.040 MB JPG)
Poster (2.681 MB PDF)
PowerPoint Graphic (0.306 MB JPG)
Web ad 3 (150x600) (0.084 MB JPG)
SEED Trailer 2: Five (43.403 MB MOV)
Sample Chapter (0.670 MB PDF)
SEED Trailer 3: Glory (44.862 MB MOV)
SEED Trailer 1: Armor (41.042 MB MOV)
LifeWay Christian Resources
Shirer, Priscilla (Author)